"Door Open" warning on continuously

Ian Shepherd

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just replaced the drivers-side window regulator on my S-430, the display now indicates "door open" all the time and the computer chimes at me at low revs. Can anyone tell me what might be causing the problem?

Also, having had the battery disconnected for some time, driving the car now feels strange at low revs - it's as if the car is hesitant about pulling away (feels OK at speed though).

It may be totally unrelated, but I've also noticed that the memory steering wheel does not return to the 'park' position when the key is removed from the ignition.

Any thoughts? Is there some sort of Comand reset that might cure the problem?

It's an odd thing but my SRS light has been coming on intermittently (and completely unpredictably) for more than a year. Now that I have replaced the regulator, this indicator has not been on since...probably just a coincidence...

It's always the same isn't it...these things always seem to happen when you want to sell a car!

Thanks
Ian

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You have the light switch either in the front leading edge of the door or its on the rear of B pillar, if it in the door you have left the wires off of the switch. just open the door and you will see it

You can re set the convenience things like steering wheel in the instrument cluster.

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
This is not your car but you will have a strike plate similar to this.
See Picture B, item 5 its absence may be causing your "Door Open" warning.

Dec

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
my thoughts as with dec above .

if you leave off the trim the door will not contact the pin switch, which is just beneath the striker plate btw.

OP
I

Ian Shepherd

Reaction score
It was painfully obvious....!

Thanks everyone...

I left a lot of the door trim off in case I had to remove the door panel (yet) again. Replacing the striker plate sorted the 'door open' problem (I wondered where the light switch was - I'm used to seeing it at the hinge end in previous cars!)

Now I just have to sort out the steering wheel park position issue - I've tried to reset it by moving it to the extremes of its travel but so far that has not worked. I've heard that there is a microswitch in the steering column that can become faulty but we shall see...!

Thanks again.

:)

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom