Downgraded windscreen quality, wtf..

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
The Sun article is a half- researched, poorly laid out, confusingly- concluded piece of exactly the quality I’d expect from The Sun. It does not represent a proper research article.

Yawn blah blah blah as usual from you....

The Sun simply reported the research findings as a news item not an in depth study case.

The SUN quote>
"The research, out of the Boxer Wachler Vision Institute"

Brian S. Boxer Wachler, MD1
Author Affiliations Article Information

• Boxer Wachler Vision Institute, Beverly Hills, California
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaophthalmology/fullarticle/2522190

Last edited:
OP
Wessa1

Wessa1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E550 (Silver of course)
Sorry, I just Don't believe your dealer,
Even my UK spec car has an Infrared Reflective windscreen “to stop the car overheating in bright sunlight”.
I would phone or write to Mercedes direct, no dealers, and ask what the part number is and does it have a protective coating?
Do you seriously think they would have dropped that? What about cars sold in Saudi??
Must be like the devils cauldron over there!

Yeah, its hot alright and due to get to 35-40 degrees next week.. A bit of a record for the south island NZ i think.

I have dug out the laser gauge and will take some readings. Who would i contact specifically and where? I guess go back to the Merc parts department for starters eh..

Oh yeah, the sun article is simply a sun article after all.

Time for another cold Stella to cool down lol ;)

Cheers Fellas's.

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Yeah, its hot alright and due to get to 35-40 degrees next week.. A bit of a record for the south island NZ i think.

I have dug out the laser gauge and will take some readings. Who would i contact specifically and where? I guess go back to the Merc parts department for starters eh..

Oh yeah, the sun article is simply a sun article after all.

Time for another cold Stella to cool down lol ;)

Cheers Fellas's.

Who to ask?
When I was told by my dealer the new part number for the replacement battery meant they had downgraded it from a 95AH to a 92AH I queried it, and got 2 different answers from 3 Mercedes Dealers.

Only doing 2,500 miles per annum, on a car with tons of toys, every amp hour mattered.

So to settle the matter, I phoned Mercedes UK Customer Services.
In the old days they were brilliant, today you get the scripted ... take your car to the official franchised dealer and he will help you!

( effing useless ... because at their labour rates circa £175 an hour, its cheaper just to buy the dam battery from Grangemouth at £135, and chuck it in the bin if its wrong! )

Then if your country is like ours, you have to explain and then make them feel sodding stupid, by explaining that 2 different dealers have given you 2 different answers! So could they kindly get off their arses, and ask MB Germany Technical ( thats a good trigger .. as they have their own technical just dont want to be bothered) , and find out definitively what is the correct part number and the amp hours!

Eventually they confirmed Grangemouth was correct its down graded.

So thats who I would call.

Top Bottom