Download Manager

Oxo John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A 200D Sport Auto 2017
Hi, I hope I am posting this in the right area, I am trying to see if there are any updates to my Garvin sat-nav, but unfortunately, I can't get the download manager to open, I have downloaded a fresh copy from Mercedes but when trying to open it I get the same pop-up. (see below)
Any help would be much appreciated.

MERC APLICATION ERROR.JPG

Attachments

• MERC APLICATION ERROR.JPG
    MERC APLICATION ERROR.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 28

EddieEddieEddie

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c350e 2017
I found the same problem yesterday. Have spent ages looking into it. I even installed the Download Manager on a second laptop and it has the same problem. It seems as if it uses a piece of software called Adobe AIR, and there may be a problem with that. It worked OK when I did a download last year.

Had the car serviced yesterday and thought they were going to install the new update for me. (Yes, there is a new update.) But they have said they don't do it for Garmin MapPilots. You either have to do it yourself (which we both now can't) or buy a new SD card with it on.

I have just left it with the service manager and he's going to send me a form for feedback to Garmin. It's not just this problem. It is also very difficult to feed back map errors, of which I have had loads.

Last edited:
OP
O

Oxo John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A 200D Sport Auto 2017
I did an up-date a few weeks ago and decided to see if there were any more up-dates, but the Download Manager would not start showing the error that I posted, I then uninstalled the old version and installed a new copy, but it still showed the same problem, surely there must be some sort of warranty on the product, the car is not many months old and I purchased it new, and you also having the same problem this may be widespread, I will wait to see if the problem gets sorted.
Thanks Eddie for your reply.

zeeshh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220d / 2017/W213, E220 CDI/2013/W212, E250 CDI/2011/W212, E250 CDI/2010/W212, C180/2002/W203
OP
O

Oxo John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A 200D Sport Auto 2017
Many thanks for the update, zeeshh, I too am now on ver10.:)
Regards.

Wintings

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2018/2 litre
I am having the same problem and am getting the "Storage medium not found" message. I have tried to navigate to the webpage suggested by zeeshh but can't get there! When I paste it into my browser I am immediately taken to the Mercedes Shop log-in page and after logging in I can't find any way to get to the garmin page. Can you help please?

Wintings

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2018/2 litre
Thanks, ordessa, but I had already downloaded that pdf but it was of no help because it doesn't explain what to do if you get a "Storage medium not found" message. I am convinced it's a fault with the Mercedes/Garmin update software. I know the SD card itself is OK because it works fine in my car and I can see its contents in Windows Explorer when I insert it in my PC.

I should add that I also installed the Mercedes download program on my wife's PC in case the problem was with mine but to no avail. It didn't recognize the SD card either.

Last edited:

ordessa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class
weird!!! that shouldnt be the pdf!
that was the code..
ive not had SD card problems before... Slow...Yes.,.. but I'm on the latest s/w (12 I *think*) and managed to grab the V 11 maps before my "window of opportunity expired"

Last edited:

Wintings

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2018/2 litre
weird!!! that shouldnt be the pdf!
that was the code..
ive not had SD card problems before... Slow...Yes.,.. but I'm on the latest s/w (12 I *think*) and managed to grab the V 11 maps before my "window of opportunity expired"
Sorry if I was not clear. That link sent me to a web page where you can download the manual as a pdf file and also the update software for the satnav. I had already downloaded the software from there, installed it and found it wouldn't recognize my SD card. My car (my first Mercedes) is less than a year old. I'm not impressed!

SHA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43 AMG Convertible 3.0L 4MATIC AWD 2018
I have exactly the same problem as Wintings (the download software will not recognize the SD card although the card is seen and can be opened in Windows' file explorer). I have tried it on 4 different PCs (all W10 with latest updates to v1809, both home and office). My SLC 300 car is less than 1 year old and so I contacted Mercedes Customer support (4 times). They first asked me if the SD card was genuine! I contacted the dealer (again) and they assured me that it was genuine and said it should work? This is the 1st and probably the last Mercedes I will be getting as no-one is interested in getting the maps updated.

When I purchased the car my wife and I were specifically told that it came with 3 years map updates and 3 years traffic info. I did not realize that Mercedes were so troublesome.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I have exactly the same problem as Wintings (the download software will not recognize the SD card although the card is seen and can be opened in Windows' file explorer). I have tried it on 4 different PCs (all W10 with latest updates to v1809, both home and office). My SLC 300 car is less than 1 year old and so I contacted Mercedes Customer support (4 times). They first asked me if the SD card was genuine! I contacted the dealer (again) and they assured me that it was genuine and said it should work? This is the 1st and probably the last Mercedes I will be getting as no-one is interested in getting the maps updated.

When I purchased the car my wife and I were specifically told that it came with 3 years map updates and 3 years traffic info. I did not realize that Mercedes were so troublesome.
I don’t know whether every dealership has one but at Southampton the “Star Expert” is quite switched on with technology matters.

SHA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks Srdi for the info. I am near Sheffield and try for one more week with my dealer, but in desperation and as a last resort will contact the one you mention. Do you have a contact name/number?
Thanks, Steve

SHA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UPDATE: I took my car back again to the dealer (3rd time re maps) and told them again that the software as supplied by Mercedes Customer Support and which is on their website does not recognise the map SD card (it says the media is not found). I told them that I was not alone with this problem and it had been tried on 4 separate Windows 10 PCs. If it was not sorted they could keep the car as I was totally fed up. To be fair, they agreed to look into it rather than telling me the usual mantra of go away and update it yourself. When they put my SD card into their system and ran the 'Download_Manager_SD_Card_Navigation.exe' updater, the card was recognised and they proceeded to do the update - 17.5GB and it took 5 hours.

Their download software (Download_Manager_SD_Card_Navigation.exe) looks and is run exactly the same BUT their version is 3.0.09, whereas the one as supplied by Mercedes to us is only v1.0.09!

Hence the problem appear to be that the end user Download_Manager_SD_Card_Navigation.exe updating program is totally and hopelessly out of date. We should not have to take the car in for them to keep it all day to do the updates (nor would the dealer want to do this time consuming exercise when it is supposed to be done by the user) and so the only solution is to get the correct 3.0.09 version of the Download_Manager_SD_Card_Navigation.exe software.

Does anyone know from where to get this correct version so as to cure the problem. Customer support don't seem to fully understand the issue and pass you back to the dealer for them to resolve it... the dealer passes you back to Mercedes as it is a Mercedes software problem.

Thanks, Steve

Wintings

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2018/2 litre
Well done, Steve, for getting to the bottom of this problem. I am planning to go to see my local Mercedes dealer in Crawley to get their help in resolving this problem.

SHA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Please ask if you can get the new version from them, thanks

Wintings

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2018/2 litre
I have now spoken to my local Mercedes dealer (Lookers in Crawley). They don't know how we can get a downloadable copy of Version 3 of the 'Download_Manager_SD_Card_Navigation.exe' updater but have said that when my car goes in for service in the next few weeks they will update the SD card for me. This is better than nothing but it seems crazy to me that Mercedes can't put the latest version of the update software on their website. I would much prefer to be able to update my card myself rather than have to wait each year for the annual service.

yellowhillman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202 1999 OM611960(220cdi)
Please ask if you can get the new version from them, thanks
After several days trying to update my card with no effect I have finally
I have now spoken to my local Mercedes dealer (Lookers in Crawley). They don't know how we can get a downloadable copy of Version 3 of the 'Download_Manager_SD_Card_Navigation.exe' updater but have said that when my car goes in for service in the next few weeks they will update the SD card for me. This is better than nothing but it seems crazy to me that Mercedes can't put the latest version of the update software on their website. I would much prefer to be able to update my card myself rather than have to wait each year for the annual service.

Wintings

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2018/2 litre
Well done, yellowhillman! A brilliant bit of detective work on your part. As you say, Mercedes seem to want to make it difficult for us, their customers. Anyway, I've installed the new version (3.0.09) of the Updater software and am now in the process of updating my SD card. Thanks a lot for your help.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom