Dpf blocked.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
The sensors are around the £100-115 range depending on which one it is and then you will have at least an hours labour for fitting of that which will be again in the £100+ range for a dealer. So they are probably adding another hours labour for doing the regen.

Do you have a local independent, they would probably be in the £200 range for the whole job.
That is an Indy.

To be fair it sounds like a reasonable amount to get it properly sorted.

OP
N

ncarey265

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class c220 sport bluetech 64 plate 2.1L
Yes I was expecting around £200 but they asked for £320. It was MB tech in warrington.

So I've got my car back and my engine light has come back on again despite them saying they fixed it I'm fuming. The code is PO299 one of the codes that was coming on prior to me taking it to them.

OP
N

ncarey265

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class c220 sport bluetech 64 plate 2.1L
*update*

My light come back on after I left MB Tech yesterday fia to say I wasnt happy but I contacted them and they took it back in this morning another sensor later and it's fixed. Thel night come back on and was showing PO299 so needed a vacuum transducer sensor. Although this code come on when they had it they said this would of come on with the dpf issues inwas having which they fixed clear the codes and test drive but no light come back on so there not to blame really. They was good enough to sort my car out charging me only for the part and my car is running so much better seems to of gained alot more power/boost

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
*update*

My light come back on after I left MB Tech yesterday fia to say I wasnt happy but I contacted them and they took it back in this morning another sensor later and it's fixed. Thel night come back on and was showing PO299 so needed a vacuum transducer sensor. Although this code come on when they had it they said this would of come on with the dpf issues inwas having which they fixed clear the codes and test drive but no light come back on so there not to blame really. They was good enough to sort my car out charging me only for the part and my car is running so much better seems to of gained alot more power/boost
Nice result buddy , happy motoring :D

quinnj3

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 E350 CDI BlueEfficiency Sport Coupe Auto 227bhp
Good to see the problem is sorted.

As you say you only put in £20 a week and run the car empty I would advise you fill the car to the top as soon as you can and then top up every week. That way you are only paying for the fuel you have used that week. Running a vehicle constantly on empty may introduce expensive fuel system related problems further down the line. A £80 fill up this week followed by subsequent ~£20 fill ups from then might help avoid fuel system failures. Because you are using the car regularly the fuel won’t stagnate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom