DPF problem

Liam dean 123

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 14 plate
Guys, first post on here so go easy! Basically I’ve tried 2 separate independent mechanics, merc Stockport and roanza (merc Trafford park) and still no one can fix my van and it’s doing my head in!!!
1)EML came on, independent garage said DPF blocked time get it cleaned, 2)company came out and said DPF Reading’s were fine, changed the sensor but van still thinks it’s blocked and must be faulty wiring so put old sensor back on
3)took it to merc Stockport who changed a section of wiring to the sensor and light went off, but came on a week later,
4) took to roanza who said it was the sensor, had it replaced and the EML light reset
5) light has come back on and says on dash to drive at high engine speed

I’ve done countless laps of the M60 not dropping under 2500 revs but I’ve just read that it won’t regen with the EML light on, the light was off for about 10 minutes but came back on as I was on my way to get on the motorway. Is this true or should I get some of the cleaner fluid and do another lap of the M60? Or book in with another mechanic for a forced regen?
I’m not trying to save money or cut corners I’m just sick of it been off the road and paying different people including merc who can’t fix it!!

many advice welcome and thank you in advance!!

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
Once some sort of dpf warning is triggered it will not regenerate by driving and has to be forced regenerated on a star machine .
Star told me mine was 400% full but the car drove fine. It regenerated fine after a sensor was replaced

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
A few things.

When the sensor is replaced, you need to "relearn" the state of the DPF using Xentry

You need to also check the regen history. If it is doing a lot of regens, then its filling quickly, potentially due to something causing eccessive smoke production (injector, boost leak, etc).

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
DPF regens won't happen unless every prerequisite is fulfilled:
Normal engine temperature (a bad thermostat will prevent regens)
No EML light.
RPM at an acceptable level.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom