Hi Guys,

Can we clean ourselves DPF filter?

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Hi Guys,

Can we clean ourselves DPF filter?
Not likely I was always told to go on the motorway at 60mph with cruise control on for 30 minutes. But this also depends on whether the cars wants/needs a regen.
Why do you want the car to regen?

OP
isohail72

isohail72

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes S320 CDI 2006
Not likely I was always told to go on the motorway at 60mph with cruise control on for 30 minutes. But this also depends on whether the cars wants/needs a regen.
Why do you want the car to regen?
Just back from inde he said on test drive message came he has erased the message but take on motorway and run for at least 30 minutes

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Just back from inde he said on test drive message came he has erased the message but take on motorway and run for at least 30 minutes
Get yourself a code reader than you can preform this yourself. Sometimes all the car needs is a delete code and ass kicking on the motorway :D

OP
isohail72

isohail72

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes S320 CDI 2006
Get yourself a code reader than you can preform this yourself. Sometimes all the car needs is a delete code and ass kicking on the motorway :D
Oh cool, cherrs mate

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Yeah it's going OK. I took it for a run for about 60 miles so far so good. Clearing the codes isn't always the best thing to do but when a dpf is involved there's no harm in trying to force a regen yourself could save you a few quid. My light came of a few months a go with soot accumulation and went into limp mode. I cleared the code 30 minutes up the motorway in 5th at 2000rpm and its never been back on. An Indy would charge upwards of £60 for that.

OP
isohail72

isohail72

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes S320 CDI 2006
did you get your car cheap pal , you seem to have a lot of niggles with it ?
Not cheap, trader was ****ing bastard paid, £6250. His trading name was Empire Trade Centre in halifax and when i left feedback on Auto Trader they didnt approved it. He has changed his name to INFINITY MOTOR GROUP. i have spent £2000 in 4 months

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Not cheap, trader was ****ing bastard paid, £6250. His trading name was Empire Trade Centre in halifax and when i left feedback on Auto Trader they didnt approved it. He has changed his name to INFINITY MOTOR GROUP. i have spent £2000 in 4 months
Not good that matey. How long you had the motor now?

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
my good god man ! :eek: , how does that explain why my 07 320cdi wont sell at 4.5k and yet its been pretty much faultless in the last 2 years :confused:

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
my good god man ! :eek: , how does that explain why my 07 320cdi wont sell at 4.5k and yet its been pretty much faultless in the last 2 years :confused:

i think its likely that concerns over the reliability of the so called tech and costs of maintaining it are a factor in sales...almost certainly engineered.. more tech ,more unreliability dpf, egr. nox, sensors and i think that soon we will be heading for auto update requirements (microsoft/wottsapp ) kind of thing with the same results.. i cant wait !!!!!

my 01 w208 clk has, by todays stds has limited tech and for me that the biggest factor in its reliability and low running costs same applies to my 02 Aclass diesel auto pretty sure my 13 ml will be a different story .

OP
isohail72

isohail72

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes S320 CDI 2006
I dont know why the hell buy mercedes everytime, I had previously, 2 E class. This is my 4th S class, previous 3 s class were old shape, but maximum faults on this car. CRAP!!!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
You can use STAR to force a regen

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
I dont know why the hell buy mercedes everytime, I had previously, 2 E class. This is my 4th S class, previous 3 s class were old shape, but maximum faults on this car. CRAP!!!

mercedes,in fairness are pretty clever, esp at getting us to believe the OLD perception of build quality/reliability./service often these days its just NOT the case. today they are ,in my view,often no better or worse than a good deal of the competition.they are however excellent at the customer experience at point of new sales.. i have over the yrs preferred to buy a used benz than a new vehicle from other suppliers . on the seemingly flawed belief that i am getting something more reliable and of better quality,there is evidence that this is no longer the case..which is a shame and we keep falling for it.. as at start benz pretty clever !!

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom