Dpf

Si Man

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200/2016/1.6
C Class 2016 W205 Estate Auto, 21500 miles Diesel

The engine management light came on the other day and when I checked the OBD reader it came up with the above fault code...P22A6.

I eventually cleared the message and took it for a long high speed run using the Sport+ gearbox setting and keeping the revs above 2000 - 2500.

I think its related to NOx sensor but could be generic..........any advice gratefully received...its in for a proper diagnostic check next week.
Did you manage to get the issue sorted?

Ta

OP
N

Neil Davies

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 cdi convertible
Used the icarsoft cr pro to check dpf levels, found The option to check , message on screen said start engine , Next thing the engine Revs go up, lasts bout ten mins while it’s checking/monitoring things, once finished , dpf slot levels are down , eml light off , and runs normal , no limp mode , drive 500-1000 miles eml comes on again cuz dpf level high due to short journeys. Do the same process again an light is off , no limp mode , Question is , what is the diagnostic tool doing, is it some sort if regents or resetting the values

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Used the icarsoft cr pro to check dpf levels, found The option to check , message on screen said start engine , Next thing the engine Revs go up, lasts bout ten mins while it’s checking/monitoring things, once finished , dpf slot levels are down , eml light off , and runs normal , no limp mode , drive 500-1000 miles eml comes on again cuz dpf level high due to short journeys. Do the same process again an light is off , no limp mode , Question is , what is the diagnostic tool doing, is it some sort if regents or resetting the values
Have you changed the pressure sensor at all ?

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
It would appear the icarsoft pro is initiating a forced regeneration but unless the fault is dealt with ie, replacing the pressure sensor responsible for the fault, the DPF soot level increases to bring on the EML again

The car really needs hooking up to STAR to identify the fault

OP
N

Neil Davies

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 cdi convertible
I’m not sure if I have a fault really , as I only do short journeys , And I mean prob 3-5 miles a day town miles , not enough to regenerate , I did make a point of trying to get it to regenerate month or so ago and that’s when it was around 800 miles before eml came on , and I think I noticed the car stutter after 20mins of driving 60mph at around 3000 rpm , so possibly regenerated

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
In general the DPF on my car regenerates circa 300–400 miles (OM642 V6) and yours will be similar. I‘m only doing short runs at the moment due to lock downs so that doesn’t factor really as the pressure differential sensors fore and aft of the DPF initiate a regeneration at a certain soot level. It’s obvious on my car when a regen starts so I tend to run the car (usually 10 miles) until it completes.

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
As Malcom has pointed out Neil you need to get either a proper diagnostics done or use the live data on your CR pro from injectors smooth running test (iirc) or DPF sensors to find why its sooting up so quick after regen. Icarsoft pro sounds like its doing its job but I think it might need to run longer than 10 mins if its blocked that much. There may be some of the DPF sensors causing the regen to end early. I have the icarsoft pro but haven't used it much yet to be honest as ive had no issues for a while now. I keep my smaller icarsoft i980 plugged in all the time to monitor the DPF. My OM651 regens every 350- 400 miles like clockwork ATM when everything works right. I know this is Now 7 page long thread so sorry if ive posted similar before on this(too lazy this morn to go back over the 7 pages LOL)

OP
N

Neil Davies

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 cdi convertible
In general the DPF on my car regenerates circa 300–400 miles (OM642 V6) and yours will be similar. I‘m only doing short runs at the moment due to lock downs so that doesn’t factor really as the pressure differential sensors fore and aft of the DPF initiate a regeneration at a certain soot level. It’s obvious on my car when a regen starts so I tend to run the car (usually 10 miles) until it completes.
Ok thx
As Malcom has pointed out Neil you need to get either a proper diagnostics done or use the live data on your CR pro from injectors smooth running test (iirc) or DPF sensors to find why its sooting up so quick after regen. Icarsoft pro sounds like its doing its job but I think it might need to run longer than 10 mins if its blocked that much. There may be some of the DPF sensors causing the regen to end early. I have the icarsoft pro but haven't used it much yet to be honest as ive had no issues for a while now. I keep my smaller icarsoft i980 plugged in all the time to monitor the DPF. My OM651 regens every 350- 400 miles like clockwork ATM when everything works right. I know this is Now 7 page long thread so sorry if ive posted similar before on this(too lazy this morn to go back over the 7 pages LOL)
thank u for the info

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom