Dreaded EVB, ABS, ESP Brake and Triangle light on

Delboy AndCo

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2009 w211
I am really hoping someone can help me with this. I have not had a fair shake with the dealer or other private MB mechanics in the past. And this forum saved me a great deal in advice avoiding me from changing a perfectly within spec timing chain.

My Vin number is (just in case it is relevant) is WDBUF56X39B376564

I have Xentry/DAS (no offline or online coding ability)

The error I am getting is 4841 Control unit N47 (ESP control unit) does not match the vehicle.

My battery was marginal due to leaving the lights on. I say this for information, not to go down the low batter rat hole. The battery is now fully charged and holding over 13amps when I connect via DAS.

I have tried to erase the codes via DAS, however, the light warning keeps popping up.

I have a new break switch coming tomorrow.

Can anyone please guide me on what to do next? I will be very grateful.

Thank You

JJK

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
I am really hoping someone can help me with this. I have not had a fair shake with the dealer or other private MB mechanics in the past. And this forum saved me a great deal in advice avoiding me from changing a perfectly within spec timing chain.

My Vin number is (just in case it is relevant) is WDBUF56X39B376564

I have Xentry/DAS (no offline or online coding ability)

The error I am getting is 4841 Control unit N47 (ESP control unit) does not match the vehicle.

My battery was marginal due to leaving the lights on. I say this for information, not to go down the low batter rat hole. The battery is now fully charged and holding over 13amps when I connect via DAS.

I have tried to erase the codes via DAS, however, the light warning keeps popping up.

I have a new break switch coming tomorrow.

Can anyone please guide me on what to do next? I will be very grateful.

Thank You

JJK
Flat battery may have corrupted the coding. Seen this youtube at about 3:26, hopefully not.

Delboyandco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350
Flat battery may have corrupted the coding. Seen this youtube at about 3:26, hopefully not.

Thank you for your message. I did go through the video you sent me. I am hoping it is not the case that I have to relearn the module. The best thing for me to do is wait for the brakes switch to come. And be on the lookout for any more replies. The best to you period.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
its probably the point in the video, the car and the unit are not playing ball, a new brake light switch won't change that

it shouldn't be able to get corrupted….. but we are talkin about car manufacturers - if we want to put a nice light on it lets just say they have some bugs they didn't understand when the software was put on your car

JPPhill

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E-350,2009,3.5
Thank you for your message. I did go through the video you sent me. I am hoping it is not the case that I have to relearn the module. The best thing for me to do is wait for the brakes switch to come. And be on the lookout for any more replies. The best to you period.
It's been some time since you originated this post but please tell me, "How did you resolve code 4841?"

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
It's been some time since you originated this post but please tell me, "How did you resolve code 4841?"
The original poster has not been on the forum for 18 months, so unlikely that you will get a response.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom