dream car? more like nightmare

gmm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
kia cerato, sorry, but will be a mercedes
just back from seeing the car i was posting about, , car arrives and 1st impressions were , yes looks very nice, till i see the non existent rust on the wheel arches, closing edge of the doors and the boot lid , scuffef bumper corners, after several assurances and phone calls about the car that there was none "only 3 small stone chips in the paintwork,", oh and there was a teabag sized dent in the front drivers wing and a smaller one on the rear wing pass side, oilspray on the front right side of the engine, to say i was not a happy chappy is an understatement, 2 days of travel and a round trip tour of britains airports, to get home this morning at mid day :mad:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
So sorry, and yes much disappointment,,but it will come right in the end.. The right car is out there

OP
G

gmm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ahhh ty television , there is one out there yeah but prob the other end of the country lol, yep white nemesis, i always have that motto in mind b , but will never trust someones description of a car again over that phone, same kinsa thing as beauty is in the eye of the behilder, only this plug of a car needed more that optrex

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Thats why we asked you to get more pictures... What did the seller has to say when you pointed these out to him?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
In the future, please ask a member to help out on this,,I am sure that we have someone all over the UK that would take a first look

OP
G

gmm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
he didnt have much to say to be honest, cept, well it is a nine yera old car, catch the rust befiore it gets worse, lol, i did say thats why i called and asked specifically if it had any at all !!!!!!!, he could see that i wasnt too happy about it, after travelling that distance with a crohns flare up, and then finding there wasnt a flight home till tuesday, till some helpfull guy at the flightdesk found me one grom n,ireland to gatwick to inverness this morning lol, now you know why it was a nightmare trip

OP
G

gmm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
when i did ask for extra pics he said i dont need them there is no rust,, only positive thing about the journey was finding out how easy an auto is to drive, oh and a the best chips ive tasted in years next to the bed and breakfast place i had to stay in overnight

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Sorry that you had such a wasted journey, but as Malcolm says you will find the right car in the end. I didn't realise cars that young could be rusty :confused:

m99

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 220,AMG pack,command,Lux Pack,Tel wired blue tooth,full leather heated seats,paddle change,and lot
ahhh ty television , there is one out there yeah but prob the other end of the country lol, yep white nemesis, i always have that motto in mind b , but will never trust someones description of a car again over that phone, same kinsa thing as beauty is in the eye of the behilder, only this plug of a car needed more that optrex

Good quallity pics come to mind,so easy these days.Just sold and bought for the daughter a vw,no problems.If they wont supply forget the deal.

Last edited:

Setanta

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W140
I know the feeling. There are such muppets out there! And if you try and ask questions about the cars, then they get abusive (seriously!).

That's it - get abusive and use foul language to secure a sale....NOT!

OP
G

gmm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
yep, and to be blatantly lied to on several occasions over the phone on the assurance of there being no rust, knowing i had difficulty getting organised to fly there to see it made it worse,, its hard enough for me to get to the local supermarket, never mind a round trip of the uk's airports, lol,
i would like to thank the folks in here who helped me make the decision to go see it and for all the things to look out for in buying a clk, the extended test drive i took in it just to annoy the seller , confirmed my expectations of the quality and smoothness of the model and lost my fear of driving an automatic lol,the search goes on.
once again thank you all, george

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
I had a similar experience when looking for the S. Took advice from Members of this Forum, so I could ask the right questions. I was supplied with photographs - as many as I wanted, of the areas I wanted. Flew from here to Manchester, saw it - as described - bought it. The rest is history.

MarkCL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDi Avantgarde
When I bought my CLK I specifically asked the guy selling for more high def pics as I wanted to know what I was letting myself in for. He was happy to oblige and therefore I could make my decision about whether or not to bother spending half a day on trains to get down to Devon in order to buy it.

To my mind if the guy selling wasn't willing to supply photographic evidence that what he said about the rust was true then it's really very simple - walk away. There's always another, better car out there - even if you sometimes only find it after you've already bought your own ;)

Good luck with your search though - don't give up, you'll find one that fits the bill I'm sure :)

Cheers,
Mark

gre1591

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Auto (1995)
Sorry to hear about your disappointment .I have travelled miles looking at cars and most of them are a disappointment. The trouble is as with most things in life people have different levels of acceptability and what will do for one is not up to standard for another.
Dealers I have found will tell you anything to get you to view the car with the hope (and it must be hope in some of the poorly presented cars I have seen) that your level of acceptability is low. I am sure they work on this basis.

Setanta

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W140
If anyone is looking at a silver CL420, with the photo showing one wiper on the headlight stuck up on the air, get ready for a story of nonsense about it being part of a museum collection (yes, of course it was with 120,000 miles on a 1997) and a deceased estate, attempts to avoid answering questions on service history then a stream of abuse and foul language (very Jekyll and Hyde!) when you don't agree to buy over the phone.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom