Drink Drive crack down.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
..... well. :confused: The video just showed people damaging a Citroen with shopping trollies & a large wheel brace. o_O We didn't see the beginning of the altercation but from where the video started there's no way I'd have got out of the car with the mob of vigilanties

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
So if they get to work without getting caught and they start a days shift, no one is any the wiser and no harm done?
What jobs do you think are safe to do whilst over the drink drive limit?
Many jobs where the worker is under the influence can be very dangerous for other people around them or work done to a dangerous standard due to their condition.

If there's any chance of being over the limit, get around by taxi.
Anyone arriving at work drunk should be sent home and disciplinary action taken.
This crackdown is not about making money, it gets my vote.
I am against a zero limit but the current limit easy to drive in the morning without taking any chances, any doubt, leave the car at home.

You had me all the way until, "I am against a zero limit".
Personally, I believe there should be a zero limit.
We drive murder weapons when DUI.
There is no excuse in my mind.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
At a job that I worked on (in the city office) we had a breathalyser in the office and had random tests because all our sites were controlled.

Our construction sites (oil and gas industry) had a system where you could not get your day pass for site until you had blown clear on a breathalyser. It was a slick setup - swipe your company ID, grab a plastic drinking straw stick it in the machine and blow. If clear, your day pass printed - if not......disciplinary action. The workers all had the option to declare themselves not fit for work before blowing.

Just curious, what happened to those who self declared unfit status sir?

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
You had me all the way until, "I am against a zero limit".
Personally, I believe there should be a zero limit.
We drive murder weapons when DUI.
There is no excuse in my mind.
I’m trying a self imposed zero limit this year by not drinking at all if I’m driving. I don’t know how long that will last or whether “oh, go on then, just the one” will creep back in!

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I’m trying a self imposed zero limit this year by not drinking at all if I’m driving. I don’t know how long that will last or whether “oh, go on then, just the one” will creep back in!

Well done sir! I admire your self discipline.
I know it’s not easy but the benefits to your own self esteem and other people’s safety are enormous. A lot of folk think “oh one won’t hurt” but, even one impairs performance by slowing down reaction time.
Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
My normal rule is one shandy. - effectively a 1/2 pint. After that it's Pepsi/Coke all night.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Unpaid day off work.

Better that than a potential problem/accident imho, and very forward thinking by the employer.
They could have been punitive if they took the humph over it.
I also like the fact that they have the same discipline regardless of site or office, no excuses basically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
vtaylor78

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
If you are out for an evening, including a meal (3 courses ) ? , that may take 3/4 hours I can’t see that a pint would make the slightest difference.

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
To be honest when I go out now, i drink Becks Blue, looks and tastes like Lager
or Kopperberg 0% looks and tastes like cider, job done, no problems, driving.
Makes me feel a bit smug actually knowing I've had night out a few "beers" and still perfectly legal, and judging by what I've read about the sales of these alcohol free beers/ciders
a lot of other people feel the same. :)

wivenhoe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 E Class E350e plug in hybrid
To be honest when I go out now, i drink Becks Blue, looks and tastes like Lager
or Kopperberg 0% looks and tastes like cider, job done, no problems, driving.
Makes me feel a bit smug actually knowing I've had night out a few "beers" and still perfectly legal, and judging by what I've read about the sales of these alcohol free beers/ciders
a lot of other people feel the same. :)
Heineken do a 0% lager which if very cold, you cannot tell the difference in taste to 4% - I used to drink with a traffic Sargent and he said to be sure to be legal, you should allow 2 hours per pint but from the time of the last one. So if driving at say 6 in the morning then no more than 4 pints during the evening with the last one before 10.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom