drive/fan belt tensioner

cloudy29

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e300td pug 206 van
hello does anyone know how the belt tensioner works on a e300td my belt seems to squeal when cold but is fine when the engine is warm i had look at i today and the spring has come off on one side and the gas strut on the otherside does not seem to do anything is the strut suppose to push or pull because it dont seem to anything neither does the spring when on there if anyone has any ideas then i would be gratefull thanks

brianbrian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 250D, SL129-deisel
Can not see how the spring tensioner has come off, some thing must have broken, get it fixed other wise it will wrap it self round and could cost you a lot of money , the easy way to replace new parts is to take the fan off, not expensive to have done if you can not do it your self about 1/2 hour job,hope this helps

OP
C

cloudy29

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e300td pug 206 van
sorted out the belt problem someone had fitted a new belt just before i brought the car and had fitted it wrong they had just jammed the new belt on and the tensioner was not doing nothing it was what also cause it to squeal after looking at the site that malcom (television) told me about it explained all thanks mate very handy man :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Pleased that you have sorted it,,people do strange things to cars

Top Bottom