Drivers Door Window Switch

Blakey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Sport (12) Blueefficiency
Hello all,

I've finally decided to do something about the drivers side window switch on my w203. The window winds up and down normally when I hold the switch in the relevant position, but does not latch the winder motor to fully close the window like the other switches. Occasionally it works, but only very rarely.

I'm guessing there's a latching relay gone u/s somewhere or perhaps a loose wire on the switch itself. Anyone got any ideas?

I need to get the door card off to get a closer look at things, so if anyone has a paper to do that then I'd appreciate it, and perhaps a wiring diag. might help.

Cheers,

Blakey.

OP
Blakey

Blakey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Really? It behaves like a loose connection, i.e. works occasionally :confused:

OP
Blakey

Blakey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Or it could be the 4 switch unit in the door, which I had to replace on mine a few months back. £68 for the switch assembly.

To remove it, you need to remove the door panel before attempting to remove the switch.

That's what I was thinking, can anyone help with the paper for the door panel removal?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
One known fault here is that the window is too tight in the tracks, so that it will only close under certain conditions, a little PTFE on the tracks could fix it.

If the window moves freely in the tracks then its possible dry joint in the control unit

OP
Blakey

Blakey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I bought the Mercedes tool to remove the door panel. It is listed in the attached.

You need to buy some of the plastic popper clips before strating the job, in case they break on removal. They cost pennies.

Here are the instructions, courtesy of TV who sent them to me.

Thanks but I can't see any attachments :confused: I'm using a Mac so it could be my browser, but I don't usually have problems with attachments???

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Thanks but I can't see any attachments :confused: I'm using a Mac so it could be my browser, but I don't usually have problems with attachments???

That's because Malcolm has jinxed your computer for doing him out of a job. :D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well you now are back in business, I cannot upload for some reason.

The replacement of the switch is easy, if you have the WIS instructions.

Thanks I have sent it, and I got another post count point for that :D:D:D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am sure that you sent a virus. I tried uploading some pics to my daugter in New Zealand, that failed as well.

You owe me some more Wis downloads for that !:Oops:

2 more useful 203 papers sent :D:D virus free now :D;)

OP
Blakey

Blakey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Received it now. Many thanks Malc. :):):)

steveismoore

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 C200 W203
I bought the Mercedes tool to remove the door panel. It is listed in the attached.

You need to buy some of the plastic popper clips before strating the job, in case they break on removal. They cost pennies.

Here are the instructions, courtesy of TV who sent them to me.

2 more useful 203 papers sent :D:D virus free now :D;)

I also have a similar problem where I need to replace the window control switches on the drivers door, is it possible you could help me the same way - drivers switch is broken and keeps falling off. I'd be very grateful of any help with this.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have sent you the door card removal instructions please let me know if you need anything else

steveismoore

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 C200 W203
Many thanks Malcolm - That's a big help, I'll look round now for a replacement window switch without worrying that I'll likely be making more trouble for myself :)

Steve

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Many thanks Malcolm - That's a big help, I'll look round now for a replacement window switch without worrying that I'll likely be making more trouble for myself :)

Look on rhis web site

here

yellowspringuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi MY2005
Progress update

this is an update of my progress so far, i got the door card off and fitted what i thought was a w203 switch last night, tested it works as it should do. two hours later got in car to go out, window can only go down but wont come up , all other windows are ok only the drivers side that wont come back up, as it was too dark and i couldnt do anything left window open all night, took the swicth out this morning only to find out the the guy sold me a 209 switch, i put the original one back since it was working before, only that i cant wind drivers side up for about 45-60 min if it damp or wet outside, but this time it wouldnt work, i took it my local mercedes benz dealership in panic as weather says it is going to rain today, they diagnos it for about 1hr free of charge and couldnt get it to work either, they told me it was the mortor but i dissagre , on my way home the switch started working as it is now dry outside. fistly i think i need the proper switch but i dont know what else i will need, sorry for the long and windy expalnation .

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom