Driving Style and Autobox Wear

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I think that you will find that the blip is caused by the cars wake up circuits comming to life while the high speed data check is taking place and no more than that.

Thanks Malcolm, seems plausible. It would be bit of an oversight for MB to have cars pre-wired for phones only to have them affected as Wireman suggests. I would have thought there are far stronger sources of UHF around.
JFC, the revs increased slightly ~50rpm for ~1sec, they didn't drop.

230ceBruno

Reaction score
Aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh

Well fancing my self as a driver's driver :cool: , loving driving (sorry global warming) and having owned manuals until my most recent 2 cars, I have a habit of shifting to 3 before I pull away from lights, etc. How does this wear talk figure in my case?

Can something Like Lucas Oil ATP additive mitigate for the 'damage' I have been doing to the car? :-?

BTW panason1c loved your take on creeping

:mad: :mad: :mad: AAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHH
I can't believe this thread went to 16 pages without one person answering/acknowledging my question.

2ndly, I have heard of someone using a constant idle solenoid on a classic car to mimic idling in modern cars. Is this related to the idle relay issue mentioned earlier in the thread?

If so will this then mean that W124s would benefit from its use?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
:mad: :mad: :mad: AAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHH
I can't believe this thread went to 16 pages without one person answering/acknowledging my question.

2ndly, I have heard of someone using a constant idle solenoid on a classic car to mimic idling in modern cars. Is this related to the idle relay issue mentioned earlier in the thread?

If so will this then mean that W124s would benefit from its use?

So sorry Bruno.
In answer to your question, the first part, selecting 3 means that the transmission will only up shift as far as 3rd gear, nothing much happens in terms of wear, depending on how long you leave it there, it could make the car more uneconomical as from a fuel economy issue it is best to get into top gear as soon as possible.

Part 2 is too hard to answer, first there are 3 different injection systems on a 124 and anyone can make an engine do what they want to if they are that way inclined, I have done some crazy mods on cars to get out of trouble over the years.

There are other people on this forum who could have answered and I have done my very best to make it as clear as I can

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom