Duxford info?

Martin Jennings

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C204 250 CDi AMG Prem Plus, W168 A160 Elegance LWB
Have we registered for the forum to be at Duxford this year? Seems to be a lot of hoops to jump through. :(

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
19 AMG Scoop
I won't be doing the Spring one this year on the 6th May as it clashes with a meet I'm attending elsewhere, though there is a Summer show on the 26th August which I may well be interested in.

It looks like they want payment in advance from the attending clubs this year which, after the mess they made on the gates last year, may not be a bad thing. I know of a few who were queueing for ages trying to pay to get in last year.

I'll have a look nearer the time and see what we need to do, that's if anyone wants the Summer one. :)

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
I was one of the cars waiting to get in last year. The organisation apeared to be dreadful, i was marshalled into a queue of cars that didn't move for 45mins (at which point i gave up and left) whilst lines of cars adjacent to me were moving almost continuously. It was a shambles.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W215 CL500 Motorway Queen; W251 R320L Familybenz, S211 E320 Avg Designo Edition now sadly missed.
Yes it was ****** awful. We were waiting for an hour from gates open, did finally get in but it was really rather unpleasant. No apparent organisation or communication between marshals going on.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 530d X Drive Tourer M Sports
We don’t see her much on here nowadays Nicholas- she posts on the other side occasionally

SJMaxwell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 E Class E63 PPP + 2012 SLK55 AMG
Given how Duxford's organisation badly went last year I believe a lot of the regulars wont be going but as Dave says, there is another event on that date anyway so I wont be attending but the 26th may be interesting....:)

Willy Wombat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK280 2008 3L
Hi folks. I'm a new member of the forum and attend Duxford on occasion. I was there for the Battle of Britain show last year. Should something be on the cards for this year, l would be very interested. Just thought I'd pipe up!

Painter16

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350 2007
Might be interested in summer one but not may one because of the really bad organised way of the marshals last year over hour to get in not good ,not as though it was first one,also weather should be better then

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
19 AMG Scoop
Not to the Spring one as far as I'm aware, certainly nothing on the forums anyway.

I'm going to have a look at the Summer one (26th August) in the next week or two and will probably put it on both forums so we can get an idea of how many people are wanting to attend.

As mentioned in an earlier post, it will be ticket only with no possibility to pay at the gate, so this should theoretically speed the entry process up a bit.

The above basically means that whoever decides to book us as a club/group will have to pay in advance and distribute the tickets themselves. Having tried to organise things in the past, this may be "interesting". I think the only sensible way of doing it would be to get forum members to pay the forum organiser, who would then only pay Duxford for the people they've received the monies from.

Does this sound sensible, or am I rambling again?
confused.gif

SJMaxwell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 E Class E63 PPP + 2012 SLK55 AMG
Not to the Spring one as far as I'm aware, certainly nothing on the forums anyway.

I'm going to have a look at the Summer one (26th August) in the next week or two and will probably put it on both forums so we can get an idea of how many people are wanting to attend.

As mentioned in an earlier post, it will be ticket only with no possibility to pay at the gate, so this should theoretically speed the entry process up a bit.

The above basically means that whoever decides to book us as a club/group will have to pay in advance and distribute the tickets themselves. Having tried to organise things in the past, this may be "interesting". I think the only sensible way of doing it would be to get forum members to pay the forum organiser, who would then only pay Duxford for the people they've received the monies from.

Does this sound sensible, or am I rambling again?
confused.gif

It makes sense to me Dave, providing that Duxford can work with an undisclosed number of entries who will virtually pay on the day, otherwise the organiser could be out of pocket

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
19 AMG Scoop
OK,

Just had another look at this and it seems that each individual entrant is responsible for buying their own ticket from Duxford.

This may not be a bad thing as it saves whoever is organising it getting lumbered with having to buy in bulk and hoping that they get the money back from people.

If people want, then I'll do the form filling and organising but it won't be this week as I'm a bit limited on time as this real life and work thing keeps getting in the way.

I'll put another post up about it in a few minutes to gauge interest, maybe even start a list...

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 530d X Drive Tourer M Sports
OK,

Just had another look at this and it seems that each individual entrant is responsible for buying their own ticket from Duxford.

This may not be a bad thing as it saves whoever is organising it getting lumbered with having to buy in bulk and hoping that they get the money back from people.

If people want, then I'll do the form filling and organising but it won't be this week as I'm a bit limited on time as this real life and work thing keeps getting in the way.

I'll put another post up about it in a few minutes to gauge interest, maybe even start a list...
****** work is a nuisance Dave!

Use the code MERCEDES and get 10% MBO Club Discount, oilman's website:www.opieoils.co.uk

register for news and offers email:sales@opieoils.co.ukphone: 01209 202944
Top Bottom