DVD on command

Asimp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Glc coupe
Hi
Does anyone know how to play DVD whilst driving ?
Have a GLC 2018 coupe
Thanks in advance

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
I think there's a mod for the steering wheel buttons so you can play games on the screen whilst driving too.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Hi
Does anyone know how to play DVD whilst driving ?
Have a GLC 2018 coupe
Thanks in advance

Don't take this the wrong way as a new member, but nobody will tell you how it can be done because its simply illegal.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Yip, you can’t and shouldn’t either!

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
I'm sure the intention is to have it on so passengers can watch and the driver would never look at the screen.
Even if you never so much as glance at it, try proving you were not watching it if you run over a pedestrian that stepped out in front of you.
If that happens and you kill them you will end up doing time and no doubt blaming anyone that assisted you to make it possible.
The only acceptable way to have a screen playing a DVD whilst driving is if it cannot be seen by the driver.
Fastened to the roof lining between the two B pillars or rear of the front seat headrests are ideal.
Even then you may have to notify insurance of a modification but if you don't, at least it can't be seen as a contributing factor to any crash you may be involved in whether you are to blame or not.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
JLR have it cracked, their systems allow the passenger to watch while the driver still views the Sat nav, had it on my Range Rover, used it as a novelty for the first few days of ownership then forgot it!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
JLR have it cracked, their systems allow the passenger to watch while the driver still views the Sat nav, had it on my Range Rover, used it as a novelty for the first few days of ownership then forgot it!

Yip it’s clever kit that- that driver can be watching sat nav at the same time is brilliant !

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500

this feature was std on the 2010 s class ( I think before JLR had it ?)

the issue these days is both getting locked up for dangerous driving and with your insurer. if they can find any method to stop a pay-out its game over if you just had an incident where the pay-out is significant.... and yes they will check the wiring loom and software

of course it can be done, nasty chop the loom stuff, far better intelligent modules that MAY even be fitted on any second hand car and you don't know its there.... so good luck to all of us in a crash !!! or a sneaky tweak in software you're not supposed to know about (because not all countries are equal and or indeed drive on the correct side of the road)

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
this feature was std on the 2010 s class ( I think before JLR had it ?)

the issue these days is both getting locked up for dangerous driving and with your insurer. if they can find any method to stop a pay-out its game over if you just had an incident where the pay-out is significant.... and yes they will check the wiring loom and software

of course it can be done, nasty chop the loom stuff, far better intelligent modules that MAY even be fitted on any second hand car and you don't know its there.... so good luck to all of us in a crash !!! or a sneaky tweak in software you're not supposed to know about (because not all countries are equal and or indeed drive on the correct side of the road)
Not so sure the XJ I hired had it and that was a late 2010..

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom