e 220cdi manual clutch problem

needy

Reaction score
Hope someone can make some suggestions. The clutch fails to return to the normal position after driving for a while and it's getting worse If the clutch pedal is pumped it does return. Problem seems worse when the engine is warm. The local garage can't seem to identify the problem. Was told it might be a problem with either the slave cylinder, master cylinder or worse case the main input shaft?????????????????? I would appreciate you advice
Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Not the main shaft,, but hard to say what one is faulty, it could be either

A

andy@pcd-ltd

Have they tried bleeding the system up
It could be the clutch is sticking on the main shaft then not allowing the pedal to return

OP
N

needy

Reaction score
Hi Willow

Suggested bleeding the system to the mechanic who now says there is no bleed valve on the sytem. I think he's lying to me he wantes to replace it which is expensive. Car is getting on a bit now but I only drive a couple of miles a day. Any adive would be great

thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Reading last night MB say that the vent hole in the tank cap can get blocked, it is a listed fault

A

andy@pcd-ltd

yeah he is trying to rip you off as if he wants to replace the parts on it how is he going to bleed the system when he installs the new parts.

If i was you i would walk away from that garage as they sound like they dont know what they are talking about and just want to rip you off

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
yeah he is trying to rip you off as if he wants to replace the parts on it how is he going to bleed the system when he installs the new parts.

If i was you i would walk away from that garage as they sound like they dont know what they are talking about and just want to rip you off

You are dead right,,I missed that bit

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom