Carabosse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 AMG Sport Line Premium Plus Coupe (C205)
Gad will be the first with any luck to develop a working solution for this as rd has already started. And is in its last stage.

Regards william @ GAD

Hi William. So when do you expect GAD to be able to offer a working solution for cars with the ECU concerned? Sounds like it's imminent.

......... and, no, I'm not offering my car again as a guinea pig!!!

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
So that lump is now producing torque close to that of an sl63?
1- I would be concerned that the stock internals of that 722.9 variant are upto taking that sort of torque
2- if the internals are different to ie the sl63 box (and I honestly do not know if they are). How can the software be adapted successfully ?????
Surely the shifting cannot be adapted?
If you can do it then fair game guys!!!

Carabosse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The 7g transmission is officially rated by MB for up to 735Nm.

However GAD assured me this is a conservative figure.

Carabosse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GAD are very confident the transmission issues are solely to do with DPF removal and nothing to do with the amount of torque being put through the box.

Indeed they offered to still do the power/torque upgrade without DPF removal........ but I have declined!

Hungryboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL 420 CDi BEAST!!!
I read the other day Kleeman rate it to 750nm??? Details details

Cheers lads

WG M-B

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
GAD are very confident the transmission issues are solely to do with DPF removal and nothing to do with the amount of torque being put through the box.

Indeed they offered to still do the power/torque upgrade without DPF removal........ but I have declined!

I am not questioning anything GAD are saying or doing!!!!!!!!
I have referred customers to GAD
I was just asking :D

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C350 CDI Sport Estate
The 7g transmission is officially rated by MB for up to 735Nm.

However GAD assured me this is a conservative figure.

Also to be taken into consideration of course is the rate at which said torque is applied. If all 700+ nm was shunted through the transmission instantly I'd expect things to break before too long. However, as GAD have mentioned, they of course make changes to the gearbox sw as well as the map so it's safe to assume this is to ensure that delivery is smooth & progressive.

Let's call this "programmed mechanical sympathy" if you will :) For example, I have a 14 year old Impreza with 300bhp and 300ft.lbs - easily more than enough to smoke a standard (UK) clutch in a couple of starts right? However, with my own mechanical sympathy I'm still on the original clutch on this car - yes, I've had it since new.

So, with engine and gearbox maps working together, combined with what we believe is some generous engineering from Mercedes, should preserve longevity even if the car is driven hard. Well, that's my thoughts on the subject anyway.

Obviously there are differences with various models, so I guess specific questions need to be addressed for each car looked at.

I'd like to thank Carabosse & GAD for being open and honest with their experiences here, I'm sure the DPF delete will be a fully viable option on this model before too long - no pressure Anthony! ;)

Carabosse: may I ask why you declined the option to have just a remap, presumably with the software EGR delete? Should still add a lot to the car in terms of drivability plus the potential for greater economy to boot.

Scoob.

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Ha ha must have posted at the same time!!! So ML 350 CDI still ok???

Cheers lads

All vehicles are 100% fine with remapping and GAD software .... we know other tuners have issues with these but as far as GAD goes we have this all 100% working.

As for Dpf Removal on the 350cdi we are able to remove the dpf structure from more than half the 350cdi range but there are some 2012 on that currently cannot be removed again as far as remapping and including 750 nm of torque gad software is 100% perfect and is the only warranted and tested application to be developed.

We are already in development of 800nm of torque package that will be released shortly.

Regards william @ GAD

Carabosse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Carabosse: may I ask why you declined the option to have just a remap, presumably with the software EGR delete? Should still add a lot to the car in terms of drivability plus the potential for greater economy to boot.

GAD gave me to understand that if the DPF was put back, the software EGR delete would not be a viable option.

To be honest, all I wanted was the DPF removed. I pondered the remap a long time and only went for it because I was having the other work done. It will be a very simple matter for GAD to put my car back to 100% standard (software-wise), so they tell me. Having discovered modifications can cause issues I am not keen to put my fingers in the fire again!

I was content with the way the car drove, even as standard. Not overly fussed about economy... I've been used to 23mpg average on my previous car! :D

The sad thing is that I had two BMWs remapped with other major mods too (e.g. LSD fitted) without the slightest problem. If any of you have BMWs, I can throughly recommend Birds Autos in Iver, Bucks. Unfortunately they don't do Mercs! ;)

Hungryboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL 420 CDi BEAST!!!
GAD are good old boys who have answered so many of my stupid questions before! But to be fair to GAD also fitting a LSD to a car cant be the same as removing emissions control? Seem to me to be a completely different ball game!

Cheers boys

Carabosse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GAD are good old boys who have answered so many of my stupid questions before! But to be fair to GAD also fitting a LSD to a car cant be the same as removing emissions control? Seem to me to be a completely different ball game!

I certainly don't think the "old" tag applies to Anthony, Gary and William - far from it. Lol! ;)

Agreed that DPF removal is not the same as fitting an LSD.

It must be gutting for them to have to admit defeat like this - I feel more sorry for them than I do for myself!

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
I can assure you we will have a solution for you soon. Gary and anthony I belive are 97% compleate with the develooment of dpf removal software for the 350cdi. Almost 100 hrs of combined development so far we are the most confidend and able in the world to make this work. And I assure all members this will happen and we will not be beaten but numbers and code ;). A big statement but we have do it before and will again.

We are so so greatful again to carabosse for being patient with us. I assue all members.

I hope all can see we are doing our uomost to make our forum comments into reality.

Regards william @ GAD

Carabosse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We are so so greatful again to carabosse for being patient with us.

Regards william @ GAD

You're welcome. :) Do let us know when you have fully worked up, and tested, a DPF removal solution for cars with this particular ECU.

Obviously, as time goes on, more cars will be rolling out of the MB factory with this, or a similar, ECU. So, from a business point of view, I imagine it is essential to sort out the gremlins!

Carabosse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No one has answered my question yet.

I think the first of your questions has been answered?

I'll leave it to GAD to answer the second one, but they do say they can adjust the transmission software.

properwounded

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
unfortunatly none now
Why do they make the car so when a certain part isn't on the ecu has a fit?

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
So that lump is now producing torque close to that of an sl63?
1- I would be concerned that the stock internals of that 722.9 variant are upto taking that sort of torque
2- if the internals are different to ie the sl63 box (and I honestly do not know if they are). How can the software be adapted successfully ?????
Surely the shifting cannot be adapted?
If you can do it then fair game guys!!!

Wg mb ... stock internals are fine tested to 800 nm in our demo no issues not even a 2 deg tempreture increase in gb fluid under wot.

The gearbox software can easly be change amd corrected as for shift patterns this is essetial for distribution of torque.

Regards

Gary @ Gad

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom