Carabosse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 AMG Sport Line Premium Plus Coupe (C205)
Just to report this car is being put back to completely standard over the next day or two, because of the - so far - unresolved transmission issues, following DPF removal.

Once GAD have found a DPF removal solution for cars with this particular ECU (code: MB EDC17 CP46) and the 7g transmission they will let the forum know.

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Yes this is correct this particular variation is "work in progress" and is not yet upto scratch.

However we are 95% of the way there and will be the ONLY company in the world to have a working solution when completed.

this ecu type have not yet been explored by many company's we have spend many hours or R and D into creating huge power gains.

Just to make everyone aware manual transmission on this ecu type is unaffected vehicle with 7G currently are in development.

We would like to once again thank carabosse his the time and patience and allowing his vehicle to spend time with us.

Many Thanks

Gary @ GAD Tuning

Carabosse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ever felt you've got a jinxed car? :eek:

Apparently when refitting the DPF one of the pressure pipes threaded!

GAD have spent a huge amount of time on this vehicle, but it has just been one thing after another. Left wondering......... what next!

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C350 CDI Sport Estate
Hey Carabosse,

I could easily have been in the same boat as you as I originally considered getting the DPF removal done at the same time. In the end though I just went for the map and EGR software delete. Very happy with the results so far, sorry you've not had a similar experience.

It appears to just be our particular ECU revision that is causing problems though. I know many manufacturers make changes to cars between revisions and face-lifts so it difficult to keep track. My Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi 115 looks different under the bonnet to those of two others from the same year I've compared it to! So it's not just Merc, plus these are just visual changes, I bet the ECU's have differences too.

I'm sure the GAD guys will get this nailed soon & find that elusive bit of code that's confusing the gear change with the DPF removed.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Carabosse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Scoob. All I really wanted was the DPF removed and the EGR disabled. Wasn't fussed bothered about the power remap - that was just an add-on, as was limiter removal.

I do a fair number of short journeys and I didn't want the DPF playing up. But I have since concluded that I probably do enough longer runs to keep the DPF happy. We shall see!

So far as we know it is just this particular ECU. I'm sure GAD will find a solution but that depends on them getting a suitable vehicle to work on. From what they told me a couple of days ago they have nothing in the pipeline so a solution is not imminent.

Last edited:

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'll be honest, I'd love my DPF to be gone - not that I've had any issues with it so far - I just know they're crap & restrictive. I just don't really want to make hardware changes to my car at this time cos you know MB would likely throw a hissy fit over any such obvious changes...assuming they noticed it. Just my luck that they would.

Shame GAD haven't got a car to test with, possibly they could encourage some volunteers with a little incentive!

Scoob.

Carabosse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you are worried about your warranty, I will just repeat what I said on another thread, viz that it isnt like insurance.

Modifying a car does NOT invalidate the warranty. I have had two cars, before the current one, modified while still under warranty and I looked closely into the position before doing it.

Basically the onus is on the manufacturer to prove that the modification made caused the problem you want them to fix under warranty. Any tuner worth their salt will be prepared to argue the toss directly with the manufacturer. Also, as in the case of GAD, the tuner will have their own insurance which covers the repair in the event that the mod did, in fact, cause the problem.

Hope that helps. I'm sure GAD will confirm the above.

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes, I've modified cars before and have been told the same thing - never had to claim though. However, equally, I've also heard horror stories where a warranty was not honoured due to modifications that were not related to the fault - I cannot recall specifics though. I just don't want a battle on my hands if anything does go wrong you know? I had enough trouble with my Focus's warranty when that had clear-cut issues - it was totally standard incidentally.

I think I'm going to do a few more miles yet before I decide. If the car was an older model - as I previously looked at - it'd have been done already.

Cheers,

Scoob.

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
This is 100% correct yes, we genuinly could not have said it better.

Regards

William @ GAD

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This is 100% correct yes, we genuinly could not have said it better.

Regards

William @ GAD

Ok, so I'm leaning towards getting my DPF removed before my warranty expires, thanks to this and Carabosse's comments... :)

Scoob.

Carabosse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Got my car back today - took nearly a week to get it back to standard because of delays at MB in supplying parts. So I am now back to square one. I have owned the car for 33 days but have had it my possession less than half that time!!

The good news is that GAD now have a few cars lined up with a similar ECU to mine. So they are hopeful of finding a solution to DPF removal and will let us know on here in due course.

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Glad you've got your car back. I did speak to GAD re: DPF development and heard they had a vehicle to use - I was going to volunteer my own car if not. Quite keen to feel how much difference the DPF removal makes.

As an aside, I did mention CAT removal to the GAd guys when I was there the other week - this is a fairly common mod on other diesels, along with a remap to keep things clean, but it does not appear to have been done on Merc 350 CDI's yet that I can see. I'd suggest that a CAT is nearly as restrictive as the DPF, so is a good candidate for removal I'd think.

Scoob.

Carabosse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I believe GAD are getting a courtesy car for customers to use while their own car is being worked on.

This will certainly help those of us who have only the one vehicle. :)

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I believe GAD are getting a courtesy car for customers to use while their own car is being worked on.

This will certainly help those of us who have only the one vehicle. :)

But has said car been Mapped with EGR and DPF deletes? A demo if you will... :)

Luckily for me I currently have three cars, though, due to a back injury, I prefer to drive the auto for my longer journies. Really must sell my Focus...I is soo laz

Carabosse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Lol, don't think I'd fit in one of those!

Can't say I've ever tried. In the E-class I have to put the seat back almost as far as it will go! :D

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
Lol, don't think I'd fit in one of those!

I got my missus the brabus model back in 04, all I can say is they are like a tardis, lots of head and leg room for me. @ 6"7

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Good afternoon,

Even though hits a Smart CDi it will have DPF and EGR delete with power tuning! We can get some good gains from the CDi model! Should achieve around the 40BHP extra mark which is not shabby considering its 55 BHP standard!

Regards

Anthony @ GAD

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I got my missus the brabus model back in 04, all I can say is they are like a tardis, lots of head and leg room for me. @ 6"7

Ok, maybe I WILL fit after all :)

@ Anthony: heh, that must be the highest % increase from Mapping with EGR and DPF delete you've ever managed!

Scoob.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom