E 500 short update.

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
The bad news already someone "Thanks Pal" has bumped the rear near side corner it will need a smart repair definatley won't polish out. Sorry guys but I could never do that and drive off, makes my blood boil.

So I have done about 300 miles nothing longer than 35 miles each way and that was yesterday and loads and I mean loads of traffic Cheltenham was almost grid locked at 4.30 pm, some very short trips and a little let's give the loud pedal a prod. He He He. The trip is saying 24.1mpg, now before you all get on the brim to brim case yes I know so leave that one. I will be either doing my own or using the fuelly thing in due course but you all know that my long term 2 years worth average was 26.6mpg in the BMW 530i if this E 500 does 22 + I will be over the moon, 2 more cylinders and 157 more BHP.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Sorry to hear about the bump. On the fuel front they are amazing , and so much better over the old lump,,, much faster too, they pin you back in the seat on full power, My all round average for very short runs is still showing as 25.8 over 3500 miles

OP
The Pan Man

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
More good news I have just sorted out my regular computer, Malcolm 25.8 mpg thats less than 1mpg less than the BMW I would be over the moon, twice. Let's be fair I did not buy it for econommy did I, and yes that pleasent feeling as your back makes a nice contact with the seat back, very satisfying. Just going to have a look at those pics of you Loch Lommand trip Steve, this computer has a much better quality graphics card so everything looks very good on it.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I did not buy my CL because of any fuel figures, it just so happened to be the case that it is very good. So nice too to see the build quality so much better, and on this front I am talking deep down design.

I will be ages sorting out my computer and getting it loaded;)

OP
The Pan Man

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Steve, you have a great eye.

OP
The Pan Man

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A small addition to this thread. Yesterday by arrangement I went to a friends workshop to do a bit of welding on a project that I want to get finished. Rear seats folded down to get all the stuff in. That was a feature that I missed on the BMW it is so useful. Any way the car is absolutely minging filthy and needs sorting today I hope. On the return leg I was making good safe progress at every opportunity and at one point was laughing out loud, this engine can really make things happen very quickly indeed.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom