E Class 400 buying concern

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Pretty certain that's the 3.0 petrol variant - the precursor to the current C43 offering, kind of.

Looked at a couple, nice cars, pretty much full spec as standard.

As somebody mentioned above, a nice balance of performance & running costs.

Binnedit

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 W216
Price was + admin fee.

Wouldn't even consider viewing a used car advertised as +admin fee. Just proves what type of business it is, IMHO.

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Price was + admin fee.
Wouldn't even consider viewing a used car advertised as +admin fee. Just proves what type of business it is, IMHO.

I've not seen this before. Does it suggest that the dealer has the vehicle on 'Sale or Return' so his fee is separate, or is it just a way of advertising a low price to get the punters in, then jack up the price?

Binnedit

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 W216
I've not seen this before. Does it suggest that the dealer has the vehicle on 'Sale or Return' so his fee is separate, or is it just a way of advertising a low price to get the punters in, then jack up the price?

Yup, probably both. Either way, thats not the price of the car.

The only admin involved is fill filling in & posting off the log book to the DVLA.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...

A lot of the car "warehouses" seem to do it - you know the sort... "Drive away in your new purchase within the hour!"

As per Binnedit, the salesperson has the square route of diddly buttkiss to do besides fill out a bit of paperwork, which is their job anyway (seeing as they've usually not got a clue about the cars they're selling, I can't imagine they're getting paid for anything else!)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
It's all about perception. I used to have an e320, I now have an e350. It's the same size engine but it's got to be better by at least 30 :)

Corrected that for you ;);););)

wivenhoe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 E Class E350e plug in hybrid
The spec & the photos are not the same car. The photos show red seats but the spec says - Black Leather with Grey/Blue Stitching.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom