E Class Buying Guide W211

OP
K

kamba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W164
ok gents found a car from dealers(NON MERC) which matches everything Merc have on there system

its a 320 Elegance Auto PETROL
has 130,000 miles with full service

will i still need to ensure it has the Behr Radiator or is a Valeo one ok

check with Merc and all electrics have been changed on car along with the Central Gateway Unit

so hopefully no electrical problems

could someone advise regarding the Rad before I place a deposit

Monique

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 350 Cab
FYI, I had an AG with Xenons.... they were a fortune to replace. I would avoid Xenons if it was me.

Valeo rads is another thing.

Any diesel can be counted on to go 400K miles with only routine attention. You cannot assume the same from the transmission.

(I still wonder why MB did not learn from Chrysler when they owned it??? ) (They built good autoboxes... the only thing they did well come to think of it :D:D )

Forgot to mention.... did you know the Chrysler 300 is built on the E class chassis??? My brother has one and it is a very well built car....

OP
K

kamba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W164
thanks for reply

still confused whether Valeo rad issue is to be worried about on petrol auto box

any help?

J

JABB

thanks for reply

still confused whether Valeo rad issue is to be worried about on petrol auto box

any help?
On a 2003, possibly 2004 car, with an AUTO box, yes, it MAY be a problem.
~Get it checked

OP
K

kamba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W164
Great news

brought the car today 3.2 Auto Elegance in black

Had little mayo on filler cap but hoping that it was just condensation in oil as car drove excellent

needs a oil change

just a quick question i can get a FREE oil service from my mates garage but the only use 10w-40 oil fully synthentic

would this be oil, also is there an easy way of reseting service light

last thing SRS malfunction was on the dash he will get this sorted he said im guessing that this is a common issue looking through forum

any advice is appreciated

OP
K

kamba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W164
**bump**bump**

OP
K

kamba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W164
any ideas where i can get a behr rad from?

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Try http://www.euromerc.co.uk/ and email them if there isn't one on the site. Nick can take a few days to respond but he's sound and knows his stuff. Send him your VIN so he can check compatability.
Failing that, normal auto factors and worst case, ask your main dealer parts guy for a cheeky discount - They may be in fancy showrooms and wear suits but they will still deal - Did amuse me being handed a set of brake disks and pads whilst sitting in the showroom next to a 100k S class!

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom