E Class E350 Air Rushing Sound

Stu Evans

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E Class E350 CDI Sport 2013 / CLK 200 Kompressor
Hi, Did anyone have a problem with air rushing sound when you accelerate. I notice there is some oil on the drivers side. I was told this is possibly the intercooler pipe?

Just so I understand the root cause.. is it the oil that affects the seal? Well thats what I thought.

Does anyone know how hard it is to do? It looks really hard to get to. I dont suppose anyone knows how to get instructions or drawings?

Stu

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Yes this is likely a split or leaking intercooler hose. As I understand it there is an orange seal joining the pipework to the turbo which can leak and this will drop oil into the port shut off motor killing it eventually. The oil is present in the vapours fed into the inlet via the breather.

OP
Stu Evans

Stu Evans

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes this is likely a split or leaking intercooler hose. As I understand it there is an orange seal joining the pipework to the turbo which can leak and this will drop oil into the port shut off motor killing it eventually. The oil is present in the vapours fed into the inlet via the breather.
Do you mean the orange one on the top of the engine? I am thinking the cooler at the front of the engine. These are quick release. Actually I never checked the turbo at the top. Are you saying this is more common? All I can see is the oil spots on the O/S connection to the intercooler.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I hasten to point out I'm no expert on diesels (nasty smelly dirty things ;)) but if there's oil there it's probably come down from the split in the pipe.
It's also possible you may have a hole in the intercooler. Aluminium and salt don't like each other much.

OP
Stu Evans

Stu Evans

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I hasten to point out I'm no expert on diesels (nasty smelly dirty things ;)) but if there's oil there it's probably come down from the split in the pipe.
It's also possible you may have a hole in the intercooler. Aluminium and salt don't like each other much.
I'm not either !! You might tell ;-) Give me a nice M271 any day.

OP
Stu Evans

Stu Evans

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
https://photos.app.goo.gl/zLqR3Hr1eJpPGiFC2

Well.. here goes.. This is 40 minutes work with the right tools. Flat blade screwdriver. 2 sockets and a trimlifter.
zLqR3Hr1eJpPGiFC2

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom