E-Class : Hyacinth Red Colour

aquiss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220CDi AMG Sport
Hi Forum Friends :p

Has anyone seen an E-Class in Hyacinth Red? I can't find any real-world examples of this colour other than Merc sales stuff (leaflets never get a good colour match).

I forgot that debating a colour was hard work!

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
i think i saw one over at Lincoln Merc a few weeks ago but your best bet would probably be google images

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Just out of interest red is the weakest colour in the range, the under coats have to be identical to the original or the finished colour will not look the same colour, and patch work, that is blending in is a real headache as the panel can look fine in normal light, but put it in the sun and the patch will grin through.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
not a problem ive ever come across before, and we have had quite a few red cars through our hands! with solid colours, its usually because they painter has tried to economise on paint, rather than give it an extra coat. thats always been my experience anyhow. I personally (rightly or wrongly) tend to apply coats until the colour looks right, then apply an extra coat just to be sure. I even did the same with the arches etc on the old 210 I had (shame I never got them properly finished off!)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
not a problem ive ever come across before, and we have had quite a few red cars through our hands! with solid colours, its usually because they painter has tried to economise on paint, rather than give it an extra coat. thats always been my experience anyhow. I personally (rightly or wrongly) tend to apply coats until the colour looks right, then apply an extra coat just to be sure. I even did the same with the arches etc on the old 210 I had (shame I never got them properly finished off!)

I can assure you Pete that just applying more paint is not an answer, you cannot apply too much paint or you will get other problems.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
I can assure you Pete that just applying more paint is not an answer, you cannot apply too much paint or you will get other problems.

that is merely the way I was taught to paint, Malcolm, so ive stuck with it. ford Laquer red, rosso red and radiant red are colours ive painted personally, but always used a light grey primer.

of course, in the age of water based paints, this may also be different, as my experience has been predominantly with cellulose

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
that is merely the way I was taught to paint, Malcolm, so ive stuck with it. ford Laquer red, rosso red and radiant red are colours ive painted personally, but always used a light grey primer.

of course, in the age of water based paints, this may also be different, as my experience has been predominantly with cellulose

Many red cars are painted white first, this over comes the problem and gives a brighter red. Always when feathering note the primer colour, beige is the normal one for red paint

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Reds used to cause problems with colour under sodium street lamps at night, from memory it would show up as a dull green shade, this was due to the different pigments used in the aftermarket mix. there was a way to sort the problem....
The primer showing thru was easily cured by using a coloured build coat.
ICI did at one time bring out an acrylic single pack beige/yellow primer that did bleed thru primarily on blues, silvers and some reds.

Last edited:

amdownes

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi/2010/RS6
Hi. Not sure if you aware are but Mercedes are not producing E Classes in Hyacinth Red for UK until September. I have one on order but will not be coming into dealer until October.

toby1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 CL420 C140; 1997 SL500 R129
I don't think I have seen one

OP
A

aquiss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220CDi AMG Sport
Hi. Not sure if you aware are but Mercedes are not producing E Classes in Hyacinth Red for UK until September. I have one on order but will not be coming into dealer until October.

Nope, was not aware of this....which could explain why I could never find a sample picture.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom