E-Class - Last Factory orders? End May 2015?

pmw103

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Car: S212 - E220 Bluetech coming soon
Hi All,
I have had my eye on an E class ever since they put the same driver assistance pack as the S Class with the steer assist in 2013.

So in early June 2015 I finally put an order in for one.

E220 BlueTEC SE - Estate aka S212
360° camera - P44
Multi-contour seat for driver - 405
Driving Assistance package - 23P
Speed Limit and Traffic Sign Assist - 513

149 polar white
218 crystal grey

Now I knew the next generation E class, W213 was coming soon in 2016, but I didn't realise I would end up with one of the last of the S212's to be produced!

My logic was to switch into the new S213 E Class after the Mid Life refresh so all the bugs are ironed out, particularly with the semi autonomous driving!
Not to mention the new part electric power trains, which are currently in short supply on the current C Class, might be more readily available and mainstream.

Last night I read in Auto Express 24-30 June 2015 No 1,376
On page 71 "Buying Cars"

It states that the last factory orders for the current generation E Class were at the end of May.

So more by luck than judgment I got to order the spec I wanted.

It sounds like from this point forward you just have take the stock they have, with whatever options they put on it.

Does anyone know if this end of May cut over date for factory orders is true?

I wonder when orders open for the W213 open!

Thanks
p

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom