E Class W211 CD Changer

pjt332

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220/2003/2200
I have a 2003 Merc E Class (W211) with the 6 CD Changer Unit under the radio.
I followed a guide to removed the CD unit as I was trying to install a handsfree kit to the radio, however whilst trying to removed the power cable from the unit I damaged the connector on the cable. I can replace the connector but no longer know which colours connect to which. There are three wires a red, brown and pink from the vehicle, and a red black and yellow on the CD changer unit.
Since I have done this none of the functions on the front of the unit i.e. hazards, rear windscreen wiper or heated seats work, however the passenger side heated seat light is fully illuminated although it is not on.
I may have blown a fuse somewhere as well, any ideas would be appreciated.

OP
P

pjt332

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220/2003/2200
Same old problem

I can't believe that I posted this question over a year ago, and despite the number of views I haven't had a single response.
I've still got this problem, and I have tried various ways to connect the wires which results in some strange behavior such as hazard warning light starting when I indicate, heated seats coming on/off at random, and CD multichanger not working at all?

In a correcting to my previous post the vehicle is the 2004 model w211 E220.

I have attached a photograph in the last ditch hope that someone may be able to help?

Attachments

• Merc-Wiring.jpg
    Merc-Wiring.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 32

gerryfmarr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 2002 3,2
W211 ESP/ Heated Seats/ Hazard Light Unit Frozen

I have the same issue, the unit does not allow the CD arm to rise, the hazard lights do not go on or off, the heated seats are not functioning and the right hand seat heater light is fully illuminated and the unit is totally frozen.

I am not too sure if it is secondary battery in the front, or the computer has too much information and has just frozen.

HELP PLEASE!!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom