E Coupe Rattles

survey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C207 E250cdi Sport Coupe
I have had my new E Coupe for just over 5 months. There are two annoying rattles. The first appears to be coming from the driver's window - seems to stop when pressing hard on the the glass adjacent to where the B pillar would be; my garage has adjusted the striking plate of the door and I thought that this had cured it but the noise is back.
The second rattle appears to come from behind the dash and occurs whenever the car revs between 1400-1700 rpm; my garage found that a pipe behind the scuttle in the engine bay was loose and after sorting that all seemed OK for a few hundred miles but the rattle is back.

To be fair the garage asked asked me to take the car back but each visit involves an 70 mile round trip.

Has anyone else had these problems and may be able to short circuit a solution?

toby1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 CL420 C140; 1997 SL500 R129
I'd be asking them to pick it up and leave you a car.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Its rotten to have rattles,,,and pigs to find sometimes, You can buy a CD for this purpose it sends out different frequencies that really show rattles up so that you can find them.

OP
S

survey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You might find this an interesting read:

http://my-new-mercedes-benz-rattles.com/

Seems like you are not the only one to experience rattles.

I can identify with the video of a guy concentrating on pushing various areas of the dashboard trying to locate the source of rattles, rather than concentrating on the road!

I do think that spending £40K on a car should mean a quiet environment in the cabin; otherwise one would spend far less on a different make of car.

pancholi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 SL 500 , 2003 CL55K, 2004 E320CDI
Its rotten to have rattles,,,and pigs to find sometimes, You can buy a CD for this purpose it sends out different frequencies that really show rattles up so that you can find them.

where can i get more info on this? cheers

OP
S

survey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An update. My 'dashboard' rattle has been fixed! After several attempts to locate the rattle/vibration by my dealer, I had a go and managed to pinpoint the problem - the air cleaner was vibrating. Used a bungee wrapped around the air cleaner and hooked the bungee to fixed points in the engine bay. Told the garage and they looked at it and agreed. For some reason they ordered a new fan shroud (!) and then refixed & insulated/padded out around the air cleaner. Driven some 350 miles since and all is quiet. The window ratlles have decreased, I think by adjusting the striker plates again. Shame it took so many visits to the dealer - each time a 75mile round trip!

huey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 cdi 2004 Estate

where can i get more info on this? cheers

Do you know where we could get one Malcolm? would come in very handy on the old 124:D

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
Everything rattles in our landrover, it's part of its charm. It's like being in a washing machine on spin cycle.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom