E200, battery dead car & boot locked

lucyyomi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class
Somebody Heeelp,

Hubby has E class elegance. The battery has died. The key does not work/fit the lock. How on earth do we open the car/boot. So we can at least get to the battery

Losing the will here...!

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
Hi, I'm not sure if this will work for you but I had this on a previous car. I sorted it by unscrewing a number plate light and applying 12 volts to the contacts. It was enough to let me open the car.

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
Forgot to say, if this doesn't work try calling the AA/RAC, they should be able to break into the car without damaging anything.

ncooper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1984 Mercedes Benz 280 SL,1993 Mercedes Benz 190E Manual,1993 Mercedes Benz 190E Auto
Sorry,didn't read the post properly,answer incorrect.
Nick

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
You need to gain access to the car, remove rear seat, next to the batter is the pse pump, remove the pipe marked "halt", blow down it hard, that will pop the boot open, if its a 211 then you need star to open it!

betas

Reaction score

If you can somehow spring the bonnet open you will find a black plastic box about 3"x2" with a clip off lid situated near the fusebox by the nearside inner wing which , when the cover is lifted, will expose a POSITIVE connection to which you can fit a 12 volt supply which will then let you open the door/boot using your remote key.so you can then get at the battery in the boot.good luck.
EARTH to body work for me perfect and easy took only two mins

Last edited:

betas

Reaction score
You need to gain access to the car, remove rear seat, next to the batter is the pse pump, remove the pipe marked "halt", blow down it hard, that will pop the boot open, if its a 211 then you need star to open it!
sorry m8 but read the question and stop sending people on a goose chase, its the battry which is flat not faulty.

betas

Reaction score
sorry boys if i am a bit raw suppose i will mellow soon so heres one to cheer you lot up
10 double whiskies
Man walks into a bar and asks for 10 double whiskies which he downs pretty quickly.
"That was impressive", says the barman, "you celebrating something?"
"Yep, my first blowjob"
"Well," says the barman, "for that I'll buy you a double on the house."
"No thanks, if those 10 didn't get rid of the taste I doubt another one will do any good"
_
and another
Frog Loan
A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that her name is Patricia Whack.

"Miss Whack, I'd like to get a $30,000 loan to take a holiday."

Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's okay, he knows the bank manager.

Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral.

The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed..

Very confused, Patty explains that she'll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office.

She finds the manager and says, "There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000, and he wants to use this as collateral."

She holds up the tiny pink elephant. "I mean, what in the world is this?"

(you're gonna love this)

(its a real treat)

(a masterpiece)

(wait for it)

The bank manager looks back at her and says...

"It's a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone."

betas

Reaction score
the wife from hell
WIFE FROM HELL

A police officer pulls over a speeding car. The officer says, ' I clocked you at 80 miles per hour, sir.'

The driver says, 'Gee, officer I had it on cruise control at 60, perhaps your radar gun needs calibrating.'

Not looking up from her knitting the wife says: 'Now don't be silly dear, you know that this car doesn't have cruise control.'

A s the officer writes out the ticket, the driver looks over at his wife and growls, 'Can't you please keep your mouth shut for once?'

The wife smiles demurely and says, 'You should be thankful your20radar detector went off when it did.'

As the officer makes out a second ticket for the illegal radar detector unit fitted in the car he had just pulled over, the man glowers at his wife and says through clenched teeth, 'Dangit, woman, can't you keep your mouth shut?'

The officer frowns and says, 'And I notice that you're not wearing your seat belt, sir. That's an automatic $75 fine.'

The driver says, 'Yeah, well, you see officer, I had it on, but took it off when you pulled me over so that I could get my license out of my back pocket.'

The wife says, 'Now, dear, you know very well that you didn't have your seat belt on. You never wear your seat belt when you're driving.'

And as the police officer is writing out the third ticket the driver turns to his wife and barks, 'WHY DON'T YOU PLEASE SHUT UP??'

The officer looks over at the woman and asks, 'Does your husband always talk to you this way, Ma'am?'

'Only when he's been drinking.'

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Betas, not only have you started out having a dig at a very respected member here (sam unit) but your posting jokes in the DIY section...

Time to leave and try opening the door again?

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
To be fair Mark, i did read that wrong!, having been reading another thread of keys locked in boot, i had a moment!!! its the age!!

But i have to agree, walk away and try again maybe!!

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Someone's lost the plot, might be me - can't be sure.
Ok - to recap
its an E class - don't know which one though.
If its a 210 - no worries - the battery is under the rear seat so don't worry about the battery.
If its a 211 - not sure - try applying power to the main feed for the starter motor and then using the remote to open the boot.

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
Somebody Heeelp,

Hubby has E class elegance. The battery has died. The key does not work/fit the lock. How on earth do we open the car/boot. So we can at least get to the battery

Losing the will here...!

English isn't my first language but I read that as "The car is locked, how do I get in?"

I'm standing by my original suggestion, all you need is enough current to operate the locks which you can apply via the numberplate light. :)

ncooper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1984 Mercedes Benz 280 SL,1993 Mercedes Benz 190E Manual,1993 Mercedes Benz 190E Auto
English isn't my first language but I read that as "The car is locked, how do I get in?"

I'm standing by my original suggestion, all you need is enough current to operate the locks which you can apply via the numberplate light. :)

Hello,
English is my first language and I agree with you and your idea sounds to be a very good one.
I was going to suggest applying power at the starter motor,as above,but I'm not sure if it's accessible from underneath,I much prefer your suggestion

Regards,
Nick

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Hello,
English is my first language and I agree with you and your idea sounds to be a very good one.
I was going to suggest applying power at the starter motor,as above,but I'm not sure if it's accessible from underneath,I much prefer your suggestion

Regards,
Nick
My caution on this one is that they are referring to the battery in the boot on an E class. This implies its a 211. If so, we're not dealing with normal wiring but rather everything fed from a SAM module. I don't know enough about how these systems to work to comment on whether this will
a) work
b) not work
c) not work and blow up the SAM

C worries me.

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
Hadn't thought of that, best to proceed with caution then. :Oops:

The car I successfully opened via the numberplate lights was a Volvo V70 and whilst it had a couple of ECU's it wasn't overly complicated otherwise.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I would persevere with the metal key out of the back of the key fob. Spay some WD40 into the boot lock and clear all the muck out of it then try it again. If you don't use the metal keys very often then the locks can become very stiff. I have a site I go to where I cannot lock or unlock my W211 from the keyfob so I use the metal key quite often.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
I would persevere with the metal key out of the back of the key fob. Spay some WD40 into the boot lock and clear all the muck out of it then try it again. If you don't use the metal keys very often then the locks can become very stiff. I have a site I go to where I cannot lock or unlock my W211 from the keyfob so I use the metal key quite often.

i would go with this idea also, ptfe or wd40 sprayed inside the lock and work it with the metal key

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom