E200 won't start since flat battery

roberto di blanco

Reaction score
Hello all... i am new here hoping to find answer to car not starting.

1996 E200 Elegance

Sequence of events.. flat battery replaced with brand new... battery still draining.. left alone for 5 days went completely flat.. jump started successfully.. locked car using remote... next day remote didnt open door as battery flat.. used key in lock. jump start attempted but turns over (fires briefly for lass than a second) but won't start. the central locking doesn't work.

I have tried a number of things... changed spark plugs... put in more petrol.. checked fuses... have followed procedure to synchronise key, pressing twice and turning to position 2 in ignition (should I presevere?). Pressing the fob activate the indicators twice and with a second press the indicators flash once but the doors do not unlock.

The user guide says that the car will not start if locked with the remote control and not opened in the same way.

Can you help please? I am exhausted.

Thanks and regards,
Roberto.

OP
R

roberto di blanco

Reaction score
thanks deiselman

what is the ovp? is that fuse for the box with yellow tubes (i think the vacuum pump) below the rear seat near the battery? the fuse seems to be fine.

there was a water leak in the car and the area under this box is very wet.

thanks
roberto

OP
R

roberto di blanco

Reaction score
ah!!! over voltage protection? where is it on the e200? and where is the fuse?

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
.....there was a water leak in the car and the area under this box is very wet.
Hi
Disconnect the battery and put it on charge.
While it is charging, thoroughly dry all the water. When completely dry, reconnect battery and try.

Top Bottom