E220 2002 head unit etc. Again...

mpugh486

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI 2002
I have an old thread about my 2002-52reg E220 - W211, new-ish shape.

(http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=91383)

Great car, now up to 81,000 miles, drives like new. Done 30,000 in just over a year and no real issues so happy as the proverbial pig. The original audio issue was trying to get a bluetooth phone system fitted, and eventualy I had a Bury kit installed which meant a new loom -this car has the Audio-20 with all the audio electronics in the boot and the fibre link. The Bury kit is OK, but when an Ipod is plugged in, you either let the Ipod play on its own or control it from the Bury kit itself. And the darn thing keeps disconnecting the phone at inopportune moments. Added to this a separate Sat nav, and I have one or two wires hanging, always have to disconnect and hide them when parking etc...I need an all in one unit that will give me bluetooth, satnav, radio, music from CD or Ipod/USB/card.

So, I am now assuming that the new loom fitted will let me use a standard head unit? I'm not absolutely sure. If so, I have no idea what a reasonable unit would cost or if it has to be Mercedes specific, or what kind of unit I should buy. I keep reading (mercupgrades) that the specific Audio-20 in my car has no AUX input - not sure if that means I have to get a different AGW for a standard head unit to fit.

Anyone done similar? Any recommendations? Anyone know of what I can get fitted for around £500? Can anyone redirect me to someone who can help in the Southampton area (where I work) or South Wales (where I live)?

Any help gratefully received.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The Audio 20 can have an aux fitted in the 209,,,,I have those details, I will check for the 211

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cannot find anything yet on this :(

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Do I need an AUX on the AGW?

That I do not know, just thinking the 209 will not be MOST

I will go through them all shortly and see,,,Mark at comand on line could answer this well

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom