Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remove ESL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Haircut

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI blueefficiency 2011
Hi people, after some more help with my 2011 E220 CDI please. I have recently had my manual gearbox fixed (sat for 2 months) it's all back on and now goes into every gear brilliant! Except when the key is inserted there is no lights on dash steering lock still on and will not start.

I have checked fuses under bonnet which seem to be okay and cannot find another fuse box? Checked in boot right hand side and side of dashboard behind plastic cover nothing there? Maybe different as its a convertible.

Headlights radio and interior lights work key fob entry works locks unlocks.

I have read this could be steering lock ESL problem but the key does turn to all positions although nothing happens.

Any help advice is greatly appreciated. I should also mention that the wires on gearbox and starter motor have been checked over

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
Get the earth strapping checked on the gearbox to chassis to engine etc.

OP
H

Haircut

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Get the earth strapping checked on the gearbox to chassis to engine etc.
Thanks I have had these checked already but will get them checked again, I know this would prevent it starting up but would it also stop the steering unlock? And no lights on dash

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
I had this on a E320cdi...it was the esl. I removed it and put in an emulator.

OP
H

Haircut

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I had this on a E320cdi...it was the esl. I removed it and put in an emulator.
Cheers Naraic im going to attemp to remove it and send it off can i ask did you remove steering wheel etc or did you manage to unbolt it from underneath without

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
I used an angle grinder...the car was 12 years old at the time.:D

ELGRINGO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e230 c180 sl280 brabus a190 smar cart
Hi people, after some more help with my 2011 E220 CDI please. I have recently had my manual gearbox fixed (sat for 2 months) it's all back on and now goes into every gear brilliant! Except when the key is inserted there is no lights on dash steering lock still on and will not start.

I have checked fuses under bonnet which seem to be okay and cannot find another fuse box? Checked in boot right hand side and side of dashboard behind plastic cover nothing there? Maybe different as its a convertible.

Headlights radio and interior lights work key fob entry works locks unlocks.

I have read this could be steering lock ESL problem but the key does turn to all positions although nothing happens.

Any help advice is greatly appreciated. I should also mention that the wires on gearbox and starter motor have been checked over
Hi unfortunetly as previously said definetly esl fault, we replace at least two or three each week.unfortunetly classed as trp, a theft related part .so may struggle to obtain it would advise not to fit a emulator.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom