E220 Convertible W124 Series Exhaust

northernlad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2x w124 cabriolet, w124 e300d, w210 e300', Sprinter van , Merc vario, w211 220 cdi
Hi, I am having great difficulty finding an exhaust for my 1996 N reg E220 cabriolet, I need the back box and the section with the 2 cats in it, Mercedes Derwent of Bradford say they are out of stock here in the UK and in Germany and can not tell me when they will be back in. I had a stainless steel back box fitted and it is a bodge up which I am not happy with and would rather have an original exhaust. I have tried Europarts, Bosal exhausts, Yorkshire Exhaust Specilaists, Kwik Fit (they really don't have a clue - tried to sell me everything else that I don't need), MCC garages, any help would be appreciated, I will even settle for a used one if anyone has one.

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 SL 300..
Hi, I am having great difficulty finding an exhaust for my 1996 N reg E220 cabriolet, I need the back box and the section with the 2 cats in it, Mercedes Derwent of Bradford say they are out of stock here in the UK and in Germany and can not tell me when they will be back in. I had a stainless steel back box fitted and it is a bodge up which I am not happy with and would rather have an original exhaust. I have tried Europarts, Bosal exhausts, Yorkshire Exhaust Specilaists, Kwik Fit (they really don't have a clue - tried to sell me everything else that I don't need), MCC garages, any help would be appreciated, I will even settle for a used one if anyone has one.

I had a similar problem 2 years ago when trying to get a complete new exhaust for my 1990 SL300, I used MOTOR PARTS DIRECT who in turn got it from MB Stutgart at a much cheaper price than MB wanted to charge me (£600 cheaper) it actually cost me £1200 and it is the genuine kiddie and took 14 days between placing order and delivery. MB had no idea how long .

http://www.mpdonline.co.uk/FindBranch.htm

Last edited:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom