E220 DPF FILL LEVEL 400%

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Im just after sorting a DPF problem on my OM651 Vito. Your DPF pressure is good as mine is 1.2 bar at tick over after DPF off for a DIY deep clean. check injectors (running smoothness of Cylinder on my icarsoft) It will give you an idea if an injector is over fuelling? and possible filling DPF as was the case with mine. When my DPF was full @ 230% the back pressure at tickover was 1.11 bar. Have you any fault codes relating to injectors (teach in parameter codes etc?)

The 1.11 bar is exhaust back pressure sensor at the egr. The dpf sensor should read minus 0.04 to plus 0.04 . 2 very different sensors .

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
:oops: Would the right answer be the reading for the pressure differential in DPF Onefortheroad? If so its 0.00 bar, Sorry understanding diagnostic readings is my downfall.

Last edited:

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A lot of the above is beyond my skills... it does read some change a sensor then try and regen whilst not going anywhere? (maybe ive misunderstood)
Two MBS guys , one driving, one on laptop forced a regen whilst driving.. If it could be done stationary then surely they would have done that? (maybe they just didnt want me to see what they were doing to my car? haha) only joking guys...
I cant remember the ash level, seemed fairly low but the data claimed last regen 21.000km ago and was 400% soot.
A year on and fill level rarely seen above 67% , usually under 10.. not sure how as i do so many short journeys..
I might be wrong but theres two different types of regen from info ive read, one active and the other passive, think passive might be the stationary one

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
yes dpf sensor reading. 0.00 is ideal . the back pressure sensor at the egr also fail in time , putting car into limp mode, just making it plain for others who may read this thread. :):)

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Another day with something learned, so theres two DPF sensors to fix now. Oh the joys of owning :D

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
:oops: I need to stop talking and disappear maybe. Theres also manual regen too Rappey69 after a quick cheat check on the web. Thanks for the slap on the back of the wrist:D

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
It's not possible to carry out a static regen on the cars. MB removed the option, probably due to amount of heat created!

OP
A

Aston Dabb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 AMG 2010 E350 CDI
Im just after sorting a DPF problem on my OM651 Vito. Your DPF pressure is good as mine is 1.2 bar at tick over after DPF off for a DIY deep clean. check injectors (running smoothness of Cylinder on my icarsoft) It will give you an idea if an injector is over fuelling? and possible filling DPF as was the case with mine. When my DPF was full @ 230% the back pressure at tickover was 1.11 bar. Have you any fault codes relating to injectors (teach in parameter codes etc?)

@Kev555 no faults in CDI. Does misfire and cause a bad jerk 1500rpm and in drive so possibly injector related? Might be boost related also as @alexanderfoti suggested as it boosts like a scooter with no wheels

Last edited:
OP
A

Aston Dabb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 AMG 2010 E350 CDI
@Aston Dabb As luck would have mine has also just turned them EML light on, but the DPF only says 100%, this lockdown has not been good for my car. Since I got it down to 0% I did one local trip and one trip about 10/15 miles each way - so just two trips. I don't have a proper xentry so mine is a bit finicky just need to install it properly and get it working good.

Good to know you are not new to this! You can't tell over the internet how experienced someone is. I'm just a DIY'er and thought I'd share the Xentry stuff I'd used. Let me know what the issue is as it could be that mine has the same issue.

@rash.m2k i replaced DPF pressure sensor (common fault on OM651’s), they’re also common for wiring to the pressure sensor plug but mine tested OK. And then, I reset DPF readings which cleared the fault and reset it to 0%; after a good thrash through my father is now happily using it with only 1 reported issue so far of a misfire but think that’s totally unrelated!

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I had to change my DPF temp sensor as well as injectors since buying the van. That misfire sounds all too familiar with me, Is it intermittent or all the time? If DPF fills too quickly again I would take a closer look at injectors but hopefully everything sweet now

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
Thanks for the slap on the back of the wrist
I just repeat what i read on here or told whilst at a mb garage or may even think i know the answer from experience.. I would like to think that i may be correct some of the time ;)

Stannerz

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 c220
I have this problem, what are you guys using for diag?

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have this problem, what are you guys using for diag?
I'm using Delphi software for stationary regen but I have icarsoft i980 which is good for code reading/live data

Wayne Madden

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 E220 AMG / 2012 / 2.1
Hi All, have a similar issue and need some advice. E 220 OM 651 too. I bought it with just under 100k and drove it back to London from Birmingham with no issues. Used it for about 3 months for school runs mainly, No long burns on the motorway. About two weeks ago i had EML come on the dash so i bought one of these cheapy readers which showed a DPF code only at first. So i decided to change the DPF sensor and reset the code. The code went away and i decided to take it on a drive on the M25 after about 20 miles the EML came on again with what i assume was a failed attempt to run a regen. I rescanned and found it also had code for air intake leakage which i assumed came about from when i disconnected the plastic pipe to make space to change the sensor. Fast.....Forward to now i have installed Xentry on one of my laptop and attempted to run a forced regen. Xentry checks the DPF soot level and if its above 200 % it will not alow a forced regen but instead runs a check for the percentage of DPF fullness on a 15 minute test and then tells you change the DPF filter. So this morning i decided do the same test which i beleive is a passive regen and the % was 265 so i went of on a trip to Brighton and offcourse the light came on again. Just returned and hooked up Xentry and it was showing DPF filter on 400%. I reset the fault and check again it went back down to 270%. So i need to know whats the best way for me to make the car actually perform a regen. Is it a good idea to reset the data and then try and do a forced driven regen? Or is there something im totalling missing as the next thing im thinking is removing the DPF and doing a proper deep clean, Kind of was trying to avoid that and make the car do what its supposed to. I have attached a few screen shots of the process. Am i perhaps doing it wrong?

Result.jpeg Test.jpeg 14 mins.jpeg Results 2.jpeg Teach in Values.jpeg

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
The car will never regen if it sees more than 150% fill level, or if it sees too much fill rate.

You will need to ensure there is nothing causing smoke formation (boost leak, injector etc) then remove the DPF, clean it , then reinstall and re teach the DPF in

Wayne Madden

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 E220 AMG / 2012 / 2.1
The car will never regen if it sees more than 150% fill level, or if it sees too much fill rate.

You will need to ensure there is nothing causing smoke formation (boost leak, injector etc) then remove the DPF, clean it , then reinstall and re teach the DPF in
Many thanks fo your reply would you be kind enough to give me a step by step on how to check this in Xentry?

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom