E220 (W212) 2014 - Cold Start Noise?

OP
C

Christopher Martino

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 2014 2.2
A result in some ways, however it’s as I thought, it wouldn’t be covered as unfortunately it is wear and tear on a 651 engine especially at 92000 miles. Only your damaging reviews made the seller pay out and cut his losses and begrudgingly pay for the work. Did he ask you to remove the reviews as part of the deal?

He did yeah, garage has also put a delay on the work, apparently you need a special Merc tool to remove the guides or something?

tonygw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI estate 2012
Hi, interesting thread as I have a similar noise, Did the work cure the noise in the end after all the hassel, be interested to find out. Thanks

OP
C

Christopher Martino

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 2014 2.2
Hi, interesting thread as I have a similar noise, Did the work cure the noise in the end after all the hassel, be interested to find out. Thanks

It was my timing chain, the garage removed the engine, replaced the chain and all guides now it’s perfect, never heard that noise since.

tonygw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI estate 2012
Ah thanks for the reply. Good to know, I may have to get ine sorted then, trouble is I have left the car with the local independent a couple of times to here the noise and every time they claim they cannot hear it ggrrrrr.
But its definately there!!!
But mine is hit and miss, sometimes it doesnt make the noise other times it does... Its due for a service in October so hoping it will be ok until then...
Cheers for the reply!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom