E220cdi O2 sensor fault

John Finn220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E-CLASS 220CDI AVANTGARDE
Hi, i need a new front Lambda sensor.
Searching for the part on the websites (eurocar and Gfs etc).. i can highlight the part that seems to match what i have fitted to my 2011 E220Cdi Blue efficiency, the length and has 5 pins.
However...... All the 5 pin sensors say not for the use with stop/start. (The ones for stop/start seem to have 6 pins)
As mentioned above mine is fitted with a 5 pin sensor...!
But I HAVE stop/start.!!. :-0

I dont believe the sensor has been replaced before..
So i am quite confused to which sensor to buy.
Or what the difference would be with the 6 pin sensor for stop/start models..

Any advise greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
John

OP
J

John Finn220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am looking to buy the Bosch manufactured OEM replacement sensor. Bosch same as fitted. Where do you recommend to purchase from?
Many thanks

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I am looking to buy the Bosch manufactured OEM replacement sensor. Bosch same as fitted. Where do you recommend to purchase from?
Many thanks
I just fitted a Bosch lambda for £75 , MB quoted me £224 (maybe without VAT as well :shock:) . The sensor I removed showed the MB part number and the Bosch number on it as well . I spent hours trying to find the right sensor for my car before I removed it and read the numbers , no one could agree which part was right for my car . In hindsight I would have bourght both recommended Bosch options and returned the one that didn't match the old one , or remove the part (unless you can read the numbers on it whilst in situ) and then order the correct one and wait two days for delivery .

OP
J

John Finn220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I just fitted a Bosch lambda for £75 , MB quoted me £224 (maybe without VAT as well :shock:) . The sensor I removed showed the MB part number and the Bosch number on it as well . I spent hours trying to find the right sensor for my car before I removed it and read the numbers , no one could agree which part was right for my car . In hindsight I would have bourght both recommended Bosch options and returned the one that didn't match the old one , or remove the part (unless you can read the numbers on it whilst in situ) and then order the correct one and wait two days for delivery .

Yes thats what i think im going to do just to be sure.. Ideal Thanks

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom