E240 Cam Follower Replace????

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
hi again

I have disconnected what I think is the regeneration valve (it does occassionaly tick when idling but i presume this is normal?) and gone out for a quick spin - it hasnt made any difference - the tappety/tickety noise still there.

I now want to check the cam chain tensioner - but not sure where it is on my M112 V6 engine - can anyone help?

Thanks again for everybody's assistance!

Sorry for the 'red herring':(

OP
S

stu1765

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 Elegance 1998
Hi Dosco

Thanks - for that. The unit does tick every now and then when idling - is that normal?

The tappetty/tick I experience was sill there after I disconnected the control wire - would that take it out of circuit or would I need to bypass the tube completely? When I rev the engine and have someone listen to the valve with or without the lead connected
there doesnt appear to be a corresponding sound from the EGR so it may not be the source?

Do you have a similar link from the russian site for the camchain tensioner?

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Hi Dosco

Thanks - for that. The unit does tick every now and then when idling - is that normal?
The tappetty/tick I experience was sill there after I disconnected the control wire - would that take it out of circuit or would I need to bypass the tube completely? When I rev the engine and have someone listen to the valve with or without the lead connected
there doesnt appear to be a corresponding sound from the EGR so it may not be the source?

Do you have a similar link from the russian site for the camchain tensioner?

Yes that I believe is correct

Yes I pulled the plug from it to silence mine before deciding it was the problem

J

JoeGons

Hi,
M112 tappet noise.
I have a 2001 E 320 that makes quite a lot of noise when cold but does get better when it gets hot. It has done less than 25K.
I loath to pull the top off!!
Does this engine use the plastic “oil feed tubes” that lose the ends and cause a problem with the oil supply to the lifters?
Oilfeedtubes.jpg

Thanks,
Joe

J

JoeGons

I can't believe that noone knows the design of the M112 oil feed.
J

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom