E240 Elegance Drivers Door Lock Problems

gerryw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 2001 2.6
Hi,
The drivers door lock is making a buzzing sound when I open it with the key fob and the small black button does no retract (I have to push it down to stop it buzzing), it seems to have affected the boot lid because it wont open while there is this buzzing noise!

There is another (I think related) problem in that the dashboard electronics have stopped operating normally. i.e. the 'r' (reset) and mileage readout has stopped working (only the basic miles covered is showing)!

Can someone let me know if I need to replace the door lock etc. and if so what sort of cost implication am I looking at!

Gerryw

Robbostanhill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 Estate 2003 and *Her* C220 W203
Pop covers off all the relay and fuse boxes and reseat all of the connections, fuses and relays.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom