e270 loss of power

Treborgonzo

Reaction score
I was driving through the peak district in my 2003 e270 auto when suddenly it lost power completely although the engine kept running - it was like it had gone into "limp home" mode - I stopped the car and restarted and the problem disappeared and I have drove home this morning to Bury and it has not reoccurred - I have read various threads about what it could be eg. air mass sensor or engine management or auto gearbox software or kickdown switch under accelorator pedal - the list goes on but I obviously dont want to start throwing money at a garage who may say 2 YEAH weve tried that and its not that - lets try something else - does anyone know if connecting it up to diagnostics will confirm what it is even though the problem isny there at the moment ? :cry:

Ellsy Tanners

Reaction score
Yes a diagnostic short test will pinpoint what is at fault, so a decent technician should then be able to see whats wrong first time.

however if its not faulting at the moment then I would say there's no hurry at the moment, there's far more of a chance of fixing it if its happening all the time!!

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom