E270 new to forum boot lock problems

Cmitchell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270
Good morning friends,
Can you help please, I have a 5 year old E270 which as a first time mercedes owner I am delighted with however, sometimes when I open the boot with the remote fob button it opens but wont lock or even close again, it has done it three times in the past it suddenly clicks then closes but this morning (05:00) it wouldnt catch so I have left it on the drive wit:shock:h a weight keeping the boot down. Please let there be a simple answer and my dreams of at last having a car to be delighted with is not mis spent (previous jag/Audi/BMW owner)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome to the forum with your very nice motor car.

I think that you will have to change the electric boot lock,,there is nothing else to this fault,,if you need any info on this please ask

OP
C

Cmitchell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270
many thanks and I would love to attend , sadly work does not pernit, fabulous location , any idea the approx cost of said lock.

rgds

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
They charge £60 for the door locks, so a similar price I wold think but very much easier to fit

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
a simple answer

It might be no harm to spray some WD40 on any mechanical parts of the lock mechanism, have you tried the key in the lock? you will need to remove the boot liner to gain access.

Placing a brick or two in a bag and attaching the bag to the inside of the boot lid will keep the boot shut while you are driving around.

Dec

C

C-Class

Hi.

Malcolm, my C220 does pretty much the same thing, I can hear the motor for the lock "groaning" and until said groaning stops, the boot wont close/lock again. I have sprayed the lock with penetrating/lubricant spray, but no luck.
The motor sounds like it's on the drivers side of the car? Is this correct?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
One must check to be sure that the boot lock catch is adjusted properly so that it can lock.

I am sending you details of the locking motor

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom