E300 Hybrid System not engaging

RDS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class, Nov 2014, E300 Hybrid
Thank you. That is very good news because in the 'throw away' society we find ourselves in nowadays, it is vey encouraging to hear a repair is potentially possible. I look forward, as I am sure many others do, to the conclusion.

Brutus021

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300 2013 Bluetec Hybrid
Yes, it can be repaired. He has already repaired several batteries, so my battery is not an experimental for him :)
The main problem is that the battery is non-disassemblable ant it takes a time to disassemble it.

Thanks, I let you know about results soon.
Hi Serega

Any update on the battery repair?

I had heard from a few hybrid battery reconditioning companies that Mercedes Li-Ion batteries are a nightmare even to disassemble. It would be great to know how the gentleman is faring.

Cheers

Serega

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300 Hybrid, 2013 facelift
Hi Serega

Any update on the battery repair?

I had heard from a few hybrid battery reconditioning companies that Mercedes Li-Ion batteries are a nightmare even to disassemble. It would be great to know how the gentleman is faring.

Cheers
Hi,

Yes, I picked up the car from service a week ago.

Now the battery works perfect!

No more errors, all sections has a similar voltage. More over I saw a 99% of charge!

Whole process took 10 days.
The disassemble process is really very hard. But the weld looks as from factory.

изображение_viber_2021-06-28_09-34-39.jpg

Brutus021

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300 2013 Bluetec Hybrid
Awesome!! Thanks for the update. Apparently there is a workshop in Dublin that provides the same service.

RDS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Brilliant. Thank you very much for the feedback

Serega

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I had a choice between buying of used battery without warranty and to repair of my battery. The price was the same in both cases.

I chose the latter with one year warranty.

Brutus021

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300 2013 Bluetec Hybrid
I had a choice between buying of used battery without warranty and to repair of my battery. The price was the same in both cases.

I chose the latter with one year warranty.
Is there a price range that you could share?

Serega

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Is there a price range that you could share?
Here in Moldova the price starts from 1400 till 2000 Euro.

BTW, there are 2 types of battery - non-disassemblable (as mine) and disassemblable.

The master told me, that it is possible to change first one to second, but this one will require some works.

Needs to replace the wire connector and A/С pipes which are connected to the batter.

Last edited:

Fentoozler90

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300h
Hi,
I would like to recommend you to charge your battery, then check how the hybrid system will work.
If it will, so the main battery is dead.
Hi was your battery showing any signs of voltage drop? My ready light is always green but my c300h has never turned the diesel motor off at lights and occasionally it runs for a few seconds on startup on electric only my battery voltage is 12.0v when turn off and 14.9v when running I am booked in for a software update but I’m sure that’s just emission related any advice?

Serega

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi was your battery showing any signs of voltage drop? My ready light is always green but my c300h has never turned the diesel motor off at lights and occasionally it runs for a few seconds on startup on electric only my battery voltage is 12.0v when turn off and 14.9v when running I am booked in for a software update but I’m sure that’s just emission related any advice?
Hi,
Usually the voltage was 11.7-11.8v.
Normally, if READY light is green the diesel motor should off at least when you stopped.
You have to check the fails with diagnostic equipment.

RDS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The main battery on my E300 was the cause of the engine not switching off or the Hybrid system not operating as I thought it should.
I had a genuine MB battery fitted and the problems were solved.

Fentoozler90

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300h
Hi,
Usually the voltage was 11.7-11.8v.
Normally, if READY light is green the diesel motor should off at least when you stopped.
You have to check the fails with diagnostic equipment.
It’s been plugged in and no issues found apparently but the READY is green the second the car comes on I I’ve never seen it any other colour instead when I come to a stop the car has a judder almost as if it’s trying to switch but changing its mind

Fentoozler90

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300h
Just an update replaced the AGM battery and when I got back in to drive away came to a set of lights it actually switched to electric first time it’s ever done that drove another 10 miles and hasn’t done it again since - does anyone know are there certain parameters it needs to see before it will do it? Green ready light still on but fires up on diesel straight away

RDS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What % charge was your Hybrid Battery showing, when it switched off at the lights and then 10 miles later?

Fentoozler90

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300h
What % charge was your Hybrid Battery showing, when it switched off at the lights and then 10 miles later?
76% at the lights and then by the time I got home 88% (10 miles later)

RDS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That's certainly not a problem then. Mine works well at anything over 40%.

Fentoozler90

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300h
Does it work in comfort or just eco? Does everything else that uses power need to be turned off?if I get in the car and drive it has only ever run on battery for 2-3 seconds before changing to diesel

Fentoozler90

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300h
Can you get in your car and it just drive on electric then upto a certain speed? Am I wrong in expecting it to work like my Lexus ct200h?

RDS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes. It will set off and drive up to 10mph before the engine starts.
Also if I am driving along at any speed and the momentum is keeping the car going, the engine will turn off and then use the hybrid system to keep going. With careful use of the accelerator and keeping an eye on the charge/discharge dial it will run on electric at any speed. It is only when setting off that it is limited to 10mph.

Fentoozler90

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300h
Good news! This morning it’s behaving very differently drove on electric from the get go and then it keeps doing as you described cutting off and gliding much better experience of the hybrid side of the car this morning

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom