E320 CDi 2005 Avantgarde W211 Stereo Upgrade

m.januszkiewicz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi 2005 Euro 4 [7]
Can anyone help...????
My current E class has a straight forward simple Audio 20 single CD system fitted, and I wish to replace it with an Audio 50 APS and 6 CD changer, the one that pops out from just above the ashtray...
I had one of these sytems fitted in my previous E Class (270 CDi 2003 model) and I found it excellent... simple sat nav, but worked well...
My current E Class (320 CDi Euro 4 [7] 2005 model ) has a Mercedes bluetooth phone bit in the centre armrest, where the previous one had a phone in the armrest.. I don't know if this makes any difference as I believe the whole lot are linked together..
Would this be a straight forward fit or is it going to be a nightmare...????:confused: :confused:

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
A bit of a camping holiday TBH, loom to move etc.

Much better (and simpler) to go for a NTG2.5 nav unit incorporating music on hard drive, phone and nav.

I have one for sale but have got an enquiry live on it at the moment. Will contact you again if it doesn't come to anything..

N

npuk

If you have Audio 20 cd then the easiest upgrade is to fit an NTG2.5 based unit which is the later units fitted to MY09 cars.

You can fit the older NTG1 based Comand or Audio 50 but it is more work as they have a seperate AGW unit which goes in the boot so you need to run cables from the front of the car to the boot.

More info on upgrades here:
http://www.mercupgrades.com/W211+E++W219+CLS+and+R171+SLK+Audio+Systems-article-77.html
http://www.mercupgrades.com/Audio+System+Upgrades+for+E+CLS+W211+W219-article-49.html

OP
M

m.januszkiewicz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi 2005 Euro 4 [7]
Thanks Richard... If it's easier to fit then I could be interested, thanks again, Mickey.

Last edited:
OP
M

m.januszkiewicz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi 2005 Euro 4 [7]
Thanks... Have had the NTG2.5 fitted and all is working well... Mickey

Top Bottom