E320 CDi Saloon 2004 convenience operation

rodbeer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 320CDi Auto 04 and SLK 200 auto 02
The driver's seat convenience function has stopped operating when I turn off the ignition. The setting I've chosen is for 'steering wheel and drivers seat' but only the steering wheel moves. Gone back to factory settings and then re-set all convenience options but no improvement - only the steering wheel moves. Other convenience settings are operating - fold in mirrors, dip on reversing etc. Am I not 'ticking' all the right boxes on the 'options' screen?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If the seat is set a fair bit back as normal, then the seat will not move back for this, It only moves back when set normally towards the front

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
If the seat is set a fair bit back as normal, then the seat will not move back for this, It only moves back when set normally towards the front

As Malcolm,
The seat setting only operates within certain parameters so it works for the Mrs @5'1 ish but not for me @6'. The wheel retract still works but again that only operates within certain limits. This is to avoid injury if someone was sat in the back or to stop the wheel crushing you.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
The driver's seat convenience function has stopped operating when I turn off the ignition. The setting I've chosen is for 'steering wheel and drivers seat' but only the steering wheel moves. Gone back to factory settings and then re-set all convenience options but no improvement - only the steering wheel moves. Other convenience settings are operating - fold in mirrors, dip on reversing etc. Am I not 'ticking' all the right boxes on the 'options' screen?

works best on fat b*st*rds! You clearly do not qualify. ;)

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom