e320 comand, which one?

brokenstar

Reaction score
Just purchased a e320 avantgarde estate 2003 w210. The comand unit broke while previous owner was in Germany, MB Dealer removed it for replacement under warranty. Back in UK told it wasn't under warranty, hence big hole in dash and no audio/cd whatever. Is it easy to purchase one and instal it, or is it better left to a pro to do? All the cables/plugs seem to be present. Failing that, is it possible to buy something to convert the dash to take a normal CD/Radio.
Thanks
Brokenstar

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome :D:D There are loads on E bay all of the time, dont be worried about the guy in Lithuania, he has been selling them for 7 years on Ebay, but there are many others on there, it should be plug and play and you do not need to activate anything.

You say 2003 210, should not that be a 211 for that year

We can give some guidance as to what model you need by just having the first 6 numbers of the VIN

OP
B

brokenstar

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply television I will look on Ebay.
The Chassis Number on the service book begins with WDB210 so It must be a W210 series
My car was registered on 25th. April 2003, I think it must have been one of the last W210's.
If I went for a non mercedes unit would the telephone function work or will this only work through a command unit?

Thanks for your help,
brokenstar

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If the car had a phone then it will work as normal, I cannot answer on non MB radios etc

It will be a Comand 2.5 I think for your car

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
That was a late 210!! never seen one after 2002!!

Thanks for lunch today Malc, another nice day out!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom