E320 paintwork costs

drivemycar816

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 E320
How much would changing my current silver paint to metallic red cost me? I'm planning to have it done early next year and need a ballpark figure for that. Any recommendations of quality and affordable places are appreciated. Thanks.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Depends who you use to do the job. There are 2 ways to go about this, you either use a bodyshop who are aligned with the insurance industry and pay their rates or find a local recommended bodyshop as i did recently who are working on lower overheads.

I had all four wings and doors, lower tailgate and front edge of the roof/sunroof section sprayed plus some remedial work due to rust attended to for £1600. This also involved removing the front and rear bumpers and the front bumper was touched up as well to remove the curb scrubs.

Bearing what i paid in mind if you were to do the whole car I would expect to pay circa £2000+ to include door shuts. I wouldn't worry too much about the engine bay as most manufacturers I am told leave that a common base colour nowadays.

I can recommend the place I used to you if you are in the Midlands, I live near Leicester and the bodyshop concerned is in Countesthorpe.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I would not try and change the colour, so much extra work

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
all MB sold..V70R now ;-)
your be looking at 3-4 k EASY!!

Even if you keep to the same colour it still be 2k ish... add some rust repair on for luck 2500 .... thats what the CLK would cost me if it ends up being resprayed anyway:lol:....and thats not even a colour change:shock:...it must just be a rusty pile of S%$T and being black the clks nateral bumps n nocks show up more:rolleyes::lol:

PS Malcolm 210......... 1600 quid for the respray and rust repair was great!!...Your 210 looks FANTASTIC!!!!! ...Wouldnt say no myself Malcolm although i would have to fit a 430 into the engine bay ;-)

Last edited:

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom