1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E320 paintwork costs

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by drivemycar816, Nov 18, 2012.

1. drivemycar816

drivemycar816 Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    2004 E320
    How much would changing my current silver paint to metallic red cost me? I'm planning to have it done early next year and need a ballpark figure for that. Any recommendations of quality and affordable places are appreciated. Thanks.

2. Multi-Tech

Multi-Tech Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Which ever has fuel in it!!!
    Why do you want to change the colour?

It would all depend on how far you wanted to go with the change, you talking having doors off to do the shuts? And then you have engine bay.

3. malcolm210

malcolm210 Senior Member

Depends who you use to do the job. There are 2 ways to go about this, you either use a bodyshop who are aligned with the insurance industry and pay their rates or find a local recommended bodyshop as i did recently who are working on lower overheads.

I had all four wings and doors, lower tailgate and front edge of the roof/sunroof section sprayed plus some remedial work due to rust attended to for £1600. This also involved removing the front and rear bumpers and the front bumper was touched up as well to remove the curb scrubs.

Bearing what i paid in mind if you were to do the whole car I would expect to pay circa £2000+ to include door shuts. I wouldn't worry too much about the engine bay as most manufacturers I am told leave that a common base colour nowadays.

I can recommend the place I used to you if you are in the Midlands, I live near Leicester and the bodyshop concerned is in Countesthorpe.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  4. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    I would not try and change the colour, so much extra work

5. paul hayward

paul hayward Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    all MB sold..V70R now ;-)
    your be looking at 3-4 k EASY!!

Even if you keep to the same colour it still be 2k ish... add some rust repair on for luck 2500 .... thats what the CLK would cost me if it ends up being resprayed anyway:lol:....and thats not even a colour change:shock:...it must just be a rusty pile of S%$T and being black the clks nateral bumps n nocks show up more:rolleyes::lol:

PS Malcolm 210......... 1600 quid for the respray and rust repair was great!!...Your 210 looks FANTASTIC!!!!! ...Wouldnt say no myself Malcolm although i would have to fit a 430 into the engine bay ;-)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012