E320 pointers please

R

Ringway

Thanks for that, I cannot see the pictures because I am not a member of that forum :(
I would love to buy that unfortunately I need to sell my wife's Jeep first and raise the money and it is a tad over my budget in truth.
Thanks for the link anyway.

Keith

None of us could see the pictures on post two but they are viewable on post three I should think.

OP
Mrtibbs

Mrtibbs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 Estate 2005
None of us could see the pictures on post two but they are viewable on post three I should think.

I think that because I am not a member of that site, it is asking me to sign in, so still no pics, not to worry, as I said earlier, I think it is a bit rich for me, probably worth every penny, but if you don't have the pennies then it doesn't matter eh? :(
Thanks again

Keith

OP
Mrtibbs

Mrtibbs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 Estate 2005

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Both look very clean and well looked after cars. The second one has xenons which are very good and worth having, I can't see a front view of the first car so not sure whether it is similarly equipped.

Make sure you test drive the car before buying, the 3.2 lump is relatively quiet and shouldn't exhibit any loud knocking even when cold. The gearbox will hang onto the lower gears when cold and should change smoothly especially in winter mode. It's also worthy making sure you take the car over 3k revs to make sure it doesn't drop into limp mode. An engine exhibiting a misfire on tickover usually indicates worn injectors (expensive to fix), bad smoking usually means EGR/manifold probs.

Check all the electrics work as they should, climate is very desirable, satnav not so important nowadays in my opinion, seven seats always worthwhile.

Have a good look at the bodywork, it may show some rust but better to avoid rot if possible, top of doors under rubbers worth checking as this can become quite bad for corrosion if not treated (waxoiled).

You will love a good example, one of the best cars Merc produced of that era.

Good luck with your search.

Last edited:
OP
Mrtibbs

Mrtibbs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 Estate 2005
Thanks for the heads up Malcolm, great info and gives me pointers to look sensible when I am viewing, instead of being a muppet :)

Keith

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom