e320 turbo problem

sshamgit

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w211 e220cdi estate 58 reg facelift
e320cdi o2year, 220,000 miles drives great ,just started problem itermitent ,lack of power like turbo not coming in wont kick down can change down with tip,some days ok yesterday did it twice in 100 miles can drive along a70mph but wont go if u want to give it welly, when problem occurs i stop turn of ignition, after 10 seconds restart then everything is back to normal can any one help please ? thanks in antisipation

sms78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w210 e320 c.d.i , Vw Beetle 1303
Its your maf or air flow sensor found in the airbox where the air filter is . You can get them from merc dealer or german and swedish . They about 60£ or so . They pack up all the time . Your car is going into limp mode . Ive experienced this many times on the motorway which can be a bit hair raising at times when you pull into the fast lane and nothing happens car goes flat :eek:

OP
S

sshamgit

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w211 e220cdi estate 58 reg facelift
thanks 78 does that mean when i turn of for 10 seconds the ecu resets itself because it seams to be good for up to 100 miles is the maf sensor just starting to go and will get worse thanks for your help

sms78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w210 e320 c.d.i , Vw Beetle 1303
Yes when you turn off it resets it self . It will get worse as time goes on . I had one that would do it once then it wouldnt play up for a month . I also had one that would play up every couple a days or so.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom