E320cdi IR CON PROBLEM

512mattheww

Reaction score
E320cdi AIR CON PROBLEM

Hi

I have a E320cdi, It is 1 W211 yr200 and the engine is 3222cc Turbo Diesel
The aircon will not kick in when it should, if switched off and on there is no sign of the engine slightly loading which tells me the pump is not on. I have been told there is a solonoid on the clutch of the A C pump which should operate and turn on the A C. (fuses are all OK) Has anyone had a similar problem and also does anyone no where abouts the A C pump is on these cars ??

Much obliged for any help I can get with this as I cannot get hold of an engine layout diagram anywhere.(I assume this is because Merc UK want to charge me £300+ to diagnose and then another £500 to fit a 25 quid part.)

Matt W (Nottingham) Free Robin Hood Autogragh for anyone who can provide me with a solution to fix this problem.

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
First thing is to go to kwikfit and get a charge up, if it does not work, then no charge.

You do not have any LEDs lit do you, the EC button must not be lit.

On your car there is no clutch as its permanently engaged

Welcome to the forum

OP

512mattheww

Reaction score
E320 cdi AIR CON PROBLEM

Malcolm
Thx for reply. The car is actually a 2000yr w210. Has this one got a clutch.
Also the gas was topped up last year.I have also reset the ac system by holding the rec and ec buttons for 5 secs with the engine on. Thx for help.

OP

512mattheww

Reaction score
I am going to clean the duovalve, if this does not work could it be the electro clutch on the compressor. THe car is a W210 (not 211) so I assume it has a electro clutch. If the electro clutch needs changing has anyone got instructions how to do it, can it be done with the compressor on the vehicle. THx

OP

512mattheww

Reaction score
Hello all
I have checked the duo valve, this is all OK. THe centre of the Compressor does not turn when the engine is running at all. However there is 5.3 volts on the blue wire going to the compressor. This suggests to me that it is either the clutch within or the solonoid or whatever it is that locks the clutch.
Any ideas???

luders79

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 estate
Hello,
the 1 st thing you need to do is make sure that there is gas in the system ! you say that it was topped up last year but if it has a leak then i could have lost it all by now! Before you start get in involved you really need to know the gas amount in system! otherwise you will end up chasing your tail!

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
Go to an aircon service outlet and get them to see if there is any pressure in the system. Aircon gas does not break down, if you needed a recharge last yr, it is leaking away somewhere. if it is 9/10 it will be the condensor as it is the most exposed.

If it does have pressure, then you should go diagnosing futher.

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
Luders79 beat me to it...

OP

512mattheww

Reaction score
E320cdi air con

Gents
Thx for your advice, I will go to kwik fit to get it checked/topped up. I believe they do a guarantee that if they don't improve the AC it is free??
mattw

tivor

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 e 220 cdi
220 cdi - AC pump not turning -

I have the same condition - pump not engaging - will have the gas checked first - thanks for the thread.:cool:
Would welcome feedback from Matheww if the gas is not the problem.

Regards Tivor

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom