E350 CGi Cabriolet - Brake Disc wear

engtechst

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R320/07/3L
I had my E350 serviced (B Service) in Jan (30,000 miles) and informed that I had about 20% left on the front brakes, in Mar 2,000 miles later the watrninging light came on so I arranged for pad replacement at the dealer.

I had a loo and felt the edges of the discs and thought I would measure them with a micronmeter, 30.04mm I understand the wear limit is 30mm

I was surprised that the dealer did not tell me that the discs were wearing down when I had the car servied in Jan. On asking I was told that "they only give the discs a visual on the B service, and would only measure them when changing pads"
I find it hard to belive, am I wrong in this, or are they blowing me smoke?

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Dealers are damned if they do and damned if they don't!

Would you have had them changed on the dealer's say so 2000 miles ago?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom