E350 Tuning

OP
CharlieE350

CharlieE350

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350
The AMG version turns out 400bhp so it might be worth talking to MB about which is the best way to go tuning wise, changes to the induction system or fitting an AMG exhaust might give you 50bhp
The E53 does yeah....might be worth a chat to them. I wasnt bothered about a fast car when I bought it, haven't had one for years. But when I put my foot down and giggled like a child I knew it needed to be quicker thinking about a GTS in a few years, dont think I'll have a problem with its speed! Thanks for advice mate!

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Best things to get more power ready for a remap will be bigger intercooler, fuel pump sports cat and 63 rear boxes, a map and your well in your way to the AMG’s, personally I wouldn’t push it as far as an AMG due to the engine internals being different, you’ll still get a good amount of power with the above though.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
my old astra was a 2.0 with 280bhp , I mapped , decatted , air filter and took it up to 330bhp with no problems at all so I cant see why this wont be just fine with a few choice upgrades ??

OP
CharlieE350

CharlieE350

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350
Best things to get more power ready for a remap will be bigger intercooler, fuel pump sports cat and 63 rear boxes, a map and your well in your way to the AMG’s, personally I wouldn’t push it as far as an AMG due to the engine internals being different, you’ll still get a good amount of power with the above though.

This sounds like some good advice and options, thanks mate. Do you have any experience with this sort of thing messing with sensors or any other fancy 2019 things going on? Forgive my ignorance, never owned such a new car, only have vans and old cars, I was even impressed with the sunglass holder

OP
CharlieE350

CharlieE350

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350
my old astra was a 2.0 with 280bhp , I mapped , decatted , air filter and took it up to 330bhp with no problems at all so I cant see why this wont be just fine with a few choice upgrades ??
I agree, just dont want to mess with anything I shouldn't, not the same as my old civic vti

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
This sounds like some good advice and options, thanks mate. Do you have any experience with this sort of thing messing with sensors or any other fancy 2019 things going on? Forgive my ignorance, never owned such a new car, only have vans and old cars, I was even impressed with the sunglass holder
I’ve a little experience with tuning but certainly nothing as new as yours, if I’m honest I do everything with MSL, Acid and the team have always looked after me and I help out with their IT on occasions.

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Not worried about the warranty then?

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
An E350 with a 2.0 engine? I was surprised when I checked- really confusing designations now

I agree John.. it's quite confusing alright.

While it originally seemed a bit odd, Audis new scheme seems more appropriate by the day, having effectively dropped engine size labels and using a fixed numbering scheme. The logic being that engine size is kind of moot now once a turbo or two is added.

Further info for anybody who has been curious - https://www.carwow.co.uk/news/3742/what-do-audis-new-engine-badges-mean

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom