E350 Upgrades

CreggyBombs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Cabriolet AMG
Hey,

I bought an E350 cab last week, love it. There are just a few little extras that I want it to have and just wondered if any of you know where is best to get them done and likely costs. Firstly I want the air cap option. I just presumed it was on all eclass drop tops but apparently not. I would also quite like the upgraded sound system, doesn't necessarily have to be the H/K one but if not that one...which one?

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Chris

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Re the sound the cost of a retro fit would be too high. What ever you do it could mean an additional amp and a change of the speakers. Just a small amp could work wonders and worth a try, you could do this before changing the speakers.
The higher the power of the amp the less chance of damaging the speakers, I know it sounds daft, but it is fact as long as you do use the system with care.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Hi Chris, I think you would need to check with MB as to whether the air cap option can be retro-fitted, this is if MB have an official retrofit. Of course just about anything can be retrofitted but costs mount exponentially with these sorts of things..
Regards the sound upgrade, give the guys at Unique a call they will be best placed to advise on what's possible and how much it might cost.

OP
C

CreggyBombs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Cabriolet AMG
Well turns out I do have an air cap! It's controlled by a different button to the review I was watching.. So that's good news. Still interested in the better sound system though, ill give unique a call. I don't want to mess around with changing anything like that myself. If a new amp is good enough then ill go for that, save me a few bob I would imagine!

Cheers

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom