E36 W124 front wings.. jutting out *both* sides? oddity!

joeywarren

Reaction score
Hi all,

Strange one this - I recently noticed that both front wings are jutting out at the very bottom where they meet the lower front section of the door. It's preventing the attachment of front mudflaps, and allowing all manner of winter grime into the sill etc spaces...

See the pictures?

Now, having taken it down to the local bodyshop, Rob says he can't see anything why they have turned out like that... ! He took the moulding off and, as you can see, there's no damage or obvious issues there? What gives?! Is this as simple as changing the order of attachement?

Can anyone see the problem here, as I am of the opinion that the wings really should fit flush!

thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0346.JPG
    IMG_0346.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0347.JPG
    IMG_0347.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0349.JPG
    IMG_0349.JPG
    184.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0350.JPG
    IMG_0350.JPG
    258.3 KB · Views: 35

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95
It's had the AMG plastic spacers fitted behind the wing on those two lower fixings.

It was a mod to allow wider wheels to be fitted without rubbing.

Undo the two lower screw fixings and use a srewdriver behind to push the plasic spacers down.

You should then be able to realign them if required and if the wheel size allows.

OP
J

joeywarren

Reaction score
That's great - thanks for that. I really ruins the lines of the bodywork! This is a factory AMG car too, supplied with standard 17" wheels. I guess I should leave as-is...?

Top Bottom